CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 02-17-2008, 02:23 PM   #21
Keith Wall

Profile:
Re: Crossfitters in Sugarland or Katy, TX

I live in Missouri City and have been a Crossfitter for two years. I work out at Lifetime,my wife works out every morning, and I'm there in the evening. I'd love to hear of somebody opening a Crossfit gym in the SugarLand or Missouri City area. I have rings in the garage now, but haven't yet invested in bumper plates.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:41 PM   #22
Grace Patenaude

Profile:

Keith,

Cool !! Alas, a fellow crossfitter in the neighborhood!
I've only started doing scaled WODs back in April 07. Also, I teach indoor cycling at 24SuperSport and LA-Missouri City (taught at Lifetime when I lived in Plano, TX many years ago. Had to cut back teaching other formats since my heart was no longer with it. I've been progressing my WOD's to almost the RX now and have been doing them at LA. The results have been markedly amazing. I'm a lot stronger now. My clients and bootcampers (through The Body Elite) don't get the full dosage of CF. I have rings, an oly bar, bands, 18" box, kb's, and wooden sticks (in lieu of PVC - Carlos Ibarra of CF Houston highly recommended them instead of the small PVC grip).

As far as affiliating, I have been contemplating. The economies of scale for the fitness industry are significant here in Sugarland/Missouri City. The CrossFit Total Challenge at Breakaway Speed might yield something beneficial for a future CrossFit Sugarland.

Anyway, would love to meet your wife. Is she also into CrossFit? Wouldn't mind knocking a few WOD's with a fellow crossfitter in our area. The former strange looks at the globs have now changed to curious and "in awe" looks. My husband has only done a few WODs since he's so busy. Anway, we live in Riverstone. Looking forward to meeting you guys one day.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:16 AM   #23
Travis Rieber

Profile:

It's good to hear that there are other Crossfitters out here in the Katy area. I bought my first house here in August and was finally able to begin creating my garage gym. I still have a lot of equipment to get, but I enjoy working out in my garage immensely more than I ever did at 24 HR Fitness.
Grace, thanks for mentioning that the Crossfit Challenge will be here in Houston. I've been at this for over 2 years now; it's about time I make it to an official Crossfit function.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:58 PM   #24
Grace Patenaude

Profile:

OK....All you all Texans, especially from Sugarland/Missouri City/Stafford...see you on March 8th at Breakaway Speed. Refer to Crossfit Central for more details. Let's see if we can get a group going for weekend Metcons at Oyster Creek Park/Riverstone/Sienna or other neighborhood parks. Just for fun and just for the heck of it! Bring your own PVC's, KBs and Rings...and bucket

STOP LURKING AROUND....JUST DO IT!
Old 02-26-2008, 04:43 PM   #25
Carlos Cristan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Patenaude View Post
OK....All you all Texans, especially from Sugarland/Missouri City/Stafford...see you on March 8th at Breakaway Speed. Refer to Crossfit Central for more details. Let's see if we can get a group going for weekend Metcons at Oyster Creek Park/Riverstone/Sienna or other neighborhood parks. Just for fun and just for the heck of it! Bring your own PVC's, KBs and Rings...and bucket

STOP LURKING AROUND....JUST DO IT!
Wish you guys were closer, kind of got my own group going now to. Myself and two others (one male and one female). Working out of the garage. Only really have enough equipment for three. Sometimes on MetCons that require alot of equipment, we'll take turns doing the WOD while one keeps time, counts and checks form. This can take quite a long time depending on the WOD. ME's are good, usually rotate lifting every 1-2 minutes, which adds up to about a 4-5 minute break. Have two barbells but only one rack. Carlos's Crossfit Friendly Garage Gym is growing though. Just added a CII rower and my first KB this weekend (16 kg). Still need a GHD, Dynamax ball and other sizes of KB's. Making my plyobox this weekend. If I wasn't about to be in the sandbox I'd definitely hit a cert, and then maybe affiliate.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:34 PM   #26
Joe Cavazos

Profile:

Oh, I'll be there. And I'm bringing a buddy with me. We don't rep Rice or Houston or Laredo or even Texas. We rep the solo players, the main-page-WOD junkies, the headstrong hermits in a forest of bicep-curling wannabes whose idea of a fun time begins with "tabata" and whose idea of peer review is a video and a mirror.

*slaps self* IT'S GAME TIME. AIN'T NOTHIN' TO IT BUT TO DO IT.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:29 AM   #27
Grace Patenaude

Profile:

Hey Cavazos,

I was in your neighborhood yesterday. Visited the Methodist DeBakey Heart Center. The thought of Rice University's lone/hermit CrossFitter crossed my mind when I drove by the campus. I'll be at CFCentral's event at Breakaway Speed on the 8th but will not participate because I can't be there until 10am. Rippetoe and Theil are the judges. I just want to hear Rippetoe talk "live" at least; he's a hoot! He'll say something like "the bar has to barely tap your chesticles"

Later.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:56 PM   #28
Grace Patenaude

Profile:

Ok, I'm weighing in Saturday morning. Who else is in for the CF Total Challenge? I'm representing the solo crossfitters of Sugarland/Missouri City TX.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:54 PM   #29
Travis Rieber

Profile:

I'll be there representing Katy. I'm not going to win though, I've spent the last year or so training for triathlons and the marathon, so I'm no where near in shape for the CFT. I'm hoping during the comp I can pick up a couple of free pointers that would have cost me $$$$ at a training seminar.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:54 AM   #30
Grace Patenaude

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Rieber View Post
I'll be there representing Katy. I'm not going to win though, I've spent the last year or so training for triathlons and the marathon, so I'm no where near in shape for the CFT. I'm hoping during the comp I can pick up a couple of free pointers that would have cost me $$$$ at a training seminar.
Why did you do that? To add more BIBs to your wall and to hear how loud your iliotibial bands cry?

Ok, see you there! My husband and son may show up. Would love to meet your wife.