CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 01-07-2008, 03:23 PM   #1
Neal Kay

Profile:
Crossfitters in Sugarland or Katy, TX

Hey guys, been lurking for about a month or so and working out woth Crossfit Houston but will be moving further out west in a month and was wondering if there are people in Sugarland or Katy doing Crossfit. Just curious of how many people there are and where they are working out.

Neal
Old 01-09-2008, 04:17 PM   #2
Neal Kay

Profile:
Re: Crossfitters in Sugarland or Katy, TX

Weird, I figurd there would be a decent amount of people doing it in these areas but i guess not.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:11 PM   #3
Kevin Ziegenhorn

Profile:

I don't know *any* CFers in Southwest Houston. Dunno exactly where you are moving, but you may find the drive up to Crossfit Champions doable if you're not too far south. I live in Memorial and will let you know if I hear of anything developing on the west side.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:40 PM   #4
Peter Keller

Profile:

Neal,

Sorry that you had no luck in your search. My pops lives in First Colony and I sometimes Crossfit at Sweetwater Country Club when I am in town. There is no specialized Crossfit/O-Lift/etc. gear, but there are a good amount of free weights, and it seems like few people other than HS kids use them.

No one has ever complained to me about anything I do there.

Of course, the country club is an expensive place to join...
Old 01-29-2008, 10:15 PM   #5
Thomas "Houston" Fowlkes

Profile:

Neal,

The name's Houston, yes just like the city. Been doin crossfit for about a month now, came across the CrossFit Houston affiliate page and I might join them this Sat. for a free wokout they are hosting, and to see what they are all about. Was wondering what your experience was like. I am the only one in my gym doing this style of workout, a little place called Sound Fitness. I really just need to find a nother person to feel the pain with. anyway sorry for the ramble. take care bro.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:36 PM   #6
Mike Riggs

Profile:

I actually CrossFit out of my garage in Katy. I moved here the middle of last year. My wife and I used to run the CrossFit Connecticut affifliate out of our barn until we moved. Now we are just CrossFitting on the down low.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:01 AM   #7
Grace Patenaude

Profile:

Neal,

I've been Crossfitting for months now but just joined recent postings in January of this year. Email me at gpatenaude@comcast.net. CFHouston is 27 miles away and I'm going to see Carlos Ibarra this week. His pull up bar is newly installed Friday night. I teach spin at the two globo gyms in Missouri City and Sugarland but use LA fitness in Missouri City for my WOD's. Shoot me an email when your in the neighborhood or if you see me in the area give me a CrossFit Hello. Just posted a new thread with the same purpose but I freakin' messed up the spelling and am trying to edit it as we speak.

Last edited by Grace Patenaude : 03-10-2008 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #8
Jeff Belyeu

Profile:

I have worked out with both CF Champions, and CF Houston. Both super nice groups. I went to the free workout/opening of their new box last week. Great space! They mentioned that someone on the west side was going to come see how they run their workouts (and possibly affiliate?). Not sure if that may have been you Grace? Anyway, I do the garage gym thing and occasionally visit with the groups above. I also just attended the Dallas cert. Had a great time. Anyway, I'm on the SE side in Friendswood, but if anyone wants to get together sometime, drop me a line.

-jeff
Old 02-10-2008, 09:19 PM   #9
Grace Patenaude

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Belyeu View Post
I have worked out with both CF Champions, and CF Houston. Both super nice groups. I went to the free workout/opening of their new box last week. Great space! They mentioned that someone on the west side was going to come see how they run their workouts (and possibly affiliate?). Not sure if that may have been you Grace? Anyway, I do the garage gym thing and occasionally visit with the groups above. I also just attended the Dallas cert. Had a great time. Anyway, I'm on the SE side in Friendswood, but if anyone wants to get together sometime, drop me a line.

-jeff
Jeff, Yep that would be me but not for a while (2-3 years). My current clientele and bootcampers are currently going through the old rut (NASM -stuff). I am going to Cert 1 in San Diego April 19 & 20 for starters. Then, I'll go through the other certs like barbell, running, etc. CF Houston is planning on holding a Kettle Bell Cert next year. That would be cool, huh?
Anyway, are you signing up for the Crossfit Challenge in Houston. They're having it at Breakaway Speed (Meyerland Area). Best time to network. I'm thinking of doing it but not sure about my shoulder press #'s. For my age and weight (42 & 120), am pretty proud of my 1 Rep DL PR = 190. There are probably a lot of CF she-bada$$es who will come out of the woodwork and show up for the challenge.
Friendswood...hmmm, you're close to Tim Swords (big oly guy in League City). He has kids going to Ukraine in a few weeks. I believe he consults with CF once in a while. You're about 30-45 minutes from Missouri City. Shoot me an email when you're around this part of town sometime.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:31 PM   #10
Grace Patenaude

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Riggs View Post
I actually CrossFit out of my garage in Katy. I moved here the middle of last year. My wife and I used to run the CrossFit Connecticut affifliate out of our barn until we moved. Now we are just CrossFitting on the down low.
Mike, Where does your wife do her WOD's? I'm in Missouri City/Sugarland and have free memberships at LA Fitness and 24Hour Fitness. Would love to do a few WOD's with her sometime. Have not seen a soul do CF WOD's around here in my area. My email is on one of the previous replies. If she's interested, please have her contact me. Thanks.