CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 07-30-2007, 07:40 PM   #1
Corey Duvall

Profile:
Hey all,

I'm currently a student in chiropractic college in central NY. I'll be graduating in November '08 and am starting to plan out my graduation plans. I'll be attending the Jacksonville Cert over Labor Day weekend and have plans to start training students, faculty, and local HS students here at school. My post is to start sending out some feelers for joining forces with an established Crossfit facility possibly. I'd like to open up a chiropractic office and also train Crossfitters part-time. I would be opening up a chiropractic practice and will utilize Crossfit principles in the rehabilitation of my patients. Are there any established facilities out there that might be looking to add on another trainer or two that are also Chiro's? If you don't know much about chiropractic, or are curious of just how I see chiropractic fitting into Crossfit and vice versa, just ask.

Cheers

PS: Willing to travel

(Message edited by duvall on July 30, 2007)
Old 08-04-2007, 02:57 PM   #2
Kevin McMillan

Profile:
hey corey, sounds like me in a couple years too, finishing up a kin masters in the nxt couple years then off to CMCC in toronto, but same idea, i would love to open up a practise/crossfit gym, really want to keep the two ideas of elite fitness and performance training and health together. the philosophies fit so well!

glad to hear your story, best of luck! if your ever north of the border drop me a line!
Old 08-05-2007, 10:07 AM   #3
Corey Duvall

Profile:
That's great. Chiropractic is a great field with TONS of potential. Keep in mind the difference between the academics you'll be learning and the clinical knowledge that will actually help your patients succeed. The knowledge out there pertaining to human movement is immense but not widespread and chiropractor's ability to assist the dysfunctions in movement is even less. Lets take the profession where it needs to go.

Cheers

PS. Where in CA are you? I live about an hour south of Ottawa and go to school about two hours east of Niagara.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:22 AM   #4
Kevin McMillan

Profile:
right now im in nova scotia but call northern ontario "home" i guess. im a bit of a wanderer tho, i usually spend time in the ottawa area, ill be sure to drop you a line, dont mind a bit of a drive to get a good workout in! haha,

my msn is kwm_track@hotmail.com
Old 08-05-2007, 12:30 PM   #5
Corey Duvall

Profile:
Sounds great... keep in touch