CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 08-29-2010, 03:52 AM   #1
Peter Yeates

Profile:
Pete’s 2nd Annual Marathon Report

Last year, in the marathon wfs (http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=50612) after running very well on limited training, I participated in a 46km off road marathon, in which my body decided to show some major muscular imbalances. So my strategy was to not run distance until I was stronger and in balance.

Fast forward to now. I am a lot stronger all round and have added 5kg’s since last years’ event but have not done any running over 30 minutes in duration since December. In the last 6 wks, once per week, I added to my normal crossfit training some 2 minute interval running, mainly to get some speed in my legs for the WOD’s.

The marathon went well considering the lack of specific training and I am very happy with my time (3hr 52min) and with how my body has pulled up. I have some blisters on my feet and chafing between my butt cheeks (new for me, must be the extra squats have been paying off! ). There is minimal soreness in my legs and the rest of my body feels the way it usually does.

My race strategy was to go out easy for the first ¾ and come home strong which is exactly how it happened. I was relaxed in my mind throughout the event and at 25k’s I switched from Paleo eating to using gels, which gave me the added boost to finish strong.

Until next year, train hard!
Pete.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:12 AM   #2
Brent Eno

Profile:
Re: Pete’s 2nd Annual Marathon Report

Great work Pete!