CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 07-23-2008, 06:58 AM   #11
Michael Blazek

Profile:
Re: what it means 2 me 2 be a xfitter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Lorenzini View Post
All the time, or I see a playground or tree branch and think, man that is a good place to do pullups.
Thats funny I keep looking at this cross beam outside where I work, I'm trying to figure out if I can get up there to do pullups. Gotta love how we all think the same way.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:12 AM   #12
Richard Macaulay

Profile:
Re: what it means 2 me 2 be a xfitter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Lorenzini View Post
All the time, or I see a playground or tree branch and think, man that is a good place to do pullups.

I actually have a story where it paid off. My neighbor was removing his old fence and the concrete bases for the fence posts were these huge chunks of concrete the looked liked atlas stones. They were really big who ever laid the fence must have been drunk because they poured way too much concrete.

Well he was trying to move them into a dumpster he had rented, he had gotten them out of the ground but could not get them off the ground and in the wheel barrel, he and his son were trying like crazy.

He always sees me lifting and doing crossfit in the garage so he asked me to help. Well it was like a deadlift 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 WOD but I got the chunks of concrete into the wheel barrel no problem.... 1 try each all 12 of them.

Maybe it is because I can deadlift 460 now.... I don't know? I love Crossfit!
haha good work, ul be lifting up cars next (just for fun of course lol).

Iv spent alot of time in gym for last few years, training for rubgy, and just b/c wen i started out i was skinny. Using bodybuilding routine and eating bucket loads clean food i put on 30lbs in 14months, granted not all good weight, but two thirds was. This was while i was injured and not playing rugby. I was the strongest id ever been, but not nearly as quick or fit.

Now in my 2nd month of CF iv leaned outto what i was, but only actually dropped 8lbs, and now slowly working my diet so i get that scale creaping back up again. Im sitting just under the 15stone mark, and feel great.
Cf along with rugby training has got my fitness back and the speeds coming to. Im feeling more powerful and dynamic than ever. I actually spend half my time thinking about Cf and whatl come next.
Trying like mad to get family and friends turned onto it.

And as a personal trainer in training i love it. I cant wait to finish my studies, b/c im gonna get CF certified aswell afterwards.

God bless the coach.

Ricky