CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 04-07-2005, 01:59 AM   #11
SP-Departed

Profile:  
Exactly...pound for pound, he was one of the most explosive 135lb guys ever.It wasn't so much his feats but anyone who studied martial arts knows his total philosophy behind it, to learn everything, keep what is good and sift the rest out. I think he applied that to his training as well.

The ultimate proof is his last movie, Enter the Dragon. I don't think i've seen a more ripped guy that was natural in my life. People sometimes seem to forget that lifting more weights is not the goal of everyone. I would rather have Lee's physique and ability over Arnold Swarzgen.... or any of those steroid freaks any day.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:19 AM   #12
Donald Woodson

Profile:

"Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system."
Bruce Lee

"Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind."
Bruce Lee

Bruce was everybody's hero when I was a kid. We all wanted to be Bruce Lee. There was a movie theater in Killeen Tx that played nothing but MA flics every Saturday, and BL's were the best of all of them.
Whenever I hear his name mentioned, the one scene that always comes to mind is that one in Enter The Dragon where he has just delivered the killing blow to his opponent and he's standing over him shaking with rage and vengeance.
Man, was he ripped. Another one was when he was pumping up in his hotel room, preparing for a fight with Chuck Norris in a Roman colosseum.
Now I feel stoopid. I can't even remember the name of that one (guess I'm a failure as a fan).
Old 04-07-2005, 06:13 AM   #13
Peter Galloway

Profile:

Don,

That would be "Way of the Dragon" - great film!
Old 04-07-2005, 07:40 AM   #14
Donald Woodson

Profile:

Thanks Pete. Now that I've finally broke down and bought a DVD player, I think I'll start collecting them old flics.