CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #11
Matthew Vesey

Profile:
Re: Marc pro, has anyone used it?

These are intriguing. I think I may buy one to see how well they work. If you don't mind waiting a bit I can give feedback.
-Matt
Age:24, Height: 5'10, Weight: 180, 5km Row: 17:15.3, 500m Row:1:23.6, BS: 440, DL:540, Press: 205:My Log(WFS)
Old 01-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #12
Richard Deyan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Vesey View Post
These are intriguing. I think I may buy one to see how well they work. If you don't mind waiting a bit I can give feedback.
-Matt
I've already been waiting long enough so it's definitely not to hurt seeing as how I can't even justify buying one right now anyways. I'd really love to hear back from ya.

Are you a 1 sport athlete? Or crossfit + 1 or more than one sport?

Either way yea I'd love to get more feedback from experienced people who actually crush weight on how this thing helps recovery. All I see are distance cyclers and sponsored people or people who get them for free.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #13
Matt Charney

Profile:

Just ordered one but had a loaner to use on our competitive athletes for a month going in to the last competition. Muscle recovery was definitely improved.

If you are competing I would recommend it for sure.

I know of one games athlete who has them at his gym and our ART professional also has them for his business he CrossFits as well.

It is different from your typical TENS unit. I have had multiple over the years & I like this one way better.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #14
Matthew Vesey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Deyan View Post
I've already been waiting long enough so it's definitely not to hurt seeing as how I can't even justify buying one right now anyways. I'd really love to hear back from ya.

Are you a 1 sport athlete? Or crossfit + 1 or more than one sport?

Either way yea I'd love to get more feedback from experienced people who actually crush weight on how this thing helps recovery. All I see are distance cyclers and sponsored people or people who get them for free.
I am currently Combat Arms military. I also do a heavy volume of training (10+ workouts/ week). I was originally a multi-sport athlete pre-military so I have a good understanding of my body and it's recovery time. I should be able to pinpoint whether my time is improved or not improved. The only thing I am worried about is falling victim to the "placebo effect" (Expecting faster recovery so therefore feeling faster recovery).

What I am going to do is trial it on myself and a few of my clients that I train in the evenings after workouts. I will use it as a single-blind experiment and not explain the specifics of the claims to them in order to get an un-biased reflection. I will then update you.

Regards,
-Matt

**Edit: I will not be buying it as they, like way too many companies, can't ship to Canada. If only I could attain dual-citizenship :P**
Age:24, Height: 5'10, Weight: 180, 5km Row: 17:15.3, 500m Row:1:23.6, BS: 440, DL:540, Press: 205:My Log(WFS)

Last edited by Matthew Vesey : 01-18-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #15
Richard Deyan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Charney View Post
Just ordered one but had a loaner to use on our competitive athletes for a month going in to the last competition. Muscle recovery was definitely improved.

If you are competing I would recommend it for sure.

I know of one games athlete who has them at his gym and our ART professional also has them for his business he CrossFits as well.

It is different from your typical TENS unit. I have had multiple over the years & I like this one way better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Vesey View Post
I am currently Combat Arms military. I also do a heavy volume of training (10+ workouts/ week). I was originally a multi-sport athlete pre-military so I have a good understanding of my body and it's recovery time. I should be able to pinpoint whether my time is improved or not improved. The only thing I am worried about is falling victim to the "placebo effect" (Expecting faster recovery so therefore feeling faster recovery).

What I am going to do is trial it on myself and a few of my clients that I train in the evenings after workouts. I will use it as a single-blind experiment and not explain the specifics of the claims to them in order to get an un-biased reflection. I will then update you.

Regards,
-Matt

**Edit: I will not be buying it as they, like way too many companies, can't ship to Canada. If only I could attain dual-citizenship :P**
Matt charney,

Thanks for your input. I'm somewhat in the same boat as Matt vesey so it's somewhat similar to a competition athlete, maybe a little less training load.

Matt vesey,

That stinks man. Have you checked out companies that will basically be an intermediate for you and ship from the US to you? They're definitely out there and I don't think they're very expensive at all.
Hopefully only costs like 20 bucks extra. I used one once for overseas I forget which though. Or maybe someone you trust in the US to send it to you
Old 02-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #16
CJ Martin

Profile:

I have purchased 4 MarcPro units and used them on several of my athletes. We have used it extensively for injury rehab and had great results. Josh Bridges had grotesque swelling after knee surgery. We hooked the MarcPro up to him and within 24 hours there was a significant reduction. He wore that thing any time he wasn't training or in therapy, and it allowed him to train and recover much better. You'll be seeing that soon in the Open.

I purchased one for an employee who was also recovering from knee surgery and she has loved it. Some of our other Games competitors have used it for less serious, nagging injuries and reported good results. It's a recovery tool that you should have available to you - in my opinion.

I am rarely on these boards, so if you have a question, shoot me an email.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:46 AM   #17
James Davidson

Profile:

I also just picked one up, I have used it after a heavy lower back workout and used it right after for an hour and the soreness went away pretty quick.
I am definitely sold on it.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #18
Gary Reinl

Profile:

Here are links to a couple of users:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZQ3iaKDbnU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB1Wlf3Cziw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjpdk6mH9cE

Hope this helps.

Gary Reinl
Old 03-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #19
Sean M Hutchinson

Profile:

I just got one Monday and will be using it everyday to recover from weightlifting and CrossFit workouts.. So far so good and it's a breeze to use. The fact that they have a 30 day money back garantee and a 12 month payment plan make it hard to say no. I'll give an update after I get a little more use out of it.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #20
Sean M Hutchinson

Profile:

A few weeks in and so far so good. I use it mostly on my legs and definitely feel more recovered the next day even after heavy squats and cleans. I found a discount code for 5% OFF, not much but better than nothing. USAW2016. They do a 12 month payment plan which is what I went with since I'm a poor weightlifter lol. They have a 30 day money back guarantee. I'm definitely keeping mine!