CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 02-22-2007, 09:48 AM   #1
Joe Marsh

Profile:
I have just started doubling my fat blocks this week and was wondering if I should use fish oil for this. Right now I'm just using double of my current fat sources. These include olive oil, sunflower seeds and almonds.

I have done searches for the best and most cost effective fishoil, and found that many liked the costco brand. Does this still hold true? Are there any other products out there I should try?

Lastly, after doubling my fat intake, how long should it take before I can notice an increase in performance?

Thanks everyone.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:47 AM   #2
James Le Grice

Profile:
joe,
i am a huge believer in the importance of fat intake. hormone production, immune function, athletic performance ... all respond favorably to appropriate fat intake and adequate fat soluble vitamins.
fish oil is great for balancing the messed up omega-3:omega-6 ratio in our modern diet. in my opinion, the best fish oil available in stores is carlsson's, westonaprice.org recommends garden of life - they also recommend taking it in conjunction with butter oil.
i really don't think you should be afraid of good saturated fats. raw milk, coconut oil, fatty cuts of organic meat. i eat well above the 'recommended daily intake' of saturated fats and i am leaner than i've ever been. do you think the shredded, muscular men of primitive times ate only lean cuts of flesh and expeller pressed vegetable oils? i think not.
seeyou!
james legrice, dc.