CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 12-27-2006, 11:46 AM   #1
Gordon Richmond

Profile:
I see a number of people track their workouts on the message board. I have trouble keeping track of my progression in WOD time and poundage and all the other pertinent details. I was hoping some of the more experienced athletes could share their log format with me. Do you simply use a lined notebook? Or do you track your workouts in Excel? Or some even more sophisticated software? If you use a computer, does that mean you take a notepad to the gym, then transcribe your efforts? What do you record, other than time and weight?

I have a whole lot of trouble keeping a journal, which makes it hard to track my progress. I think this ultimately impedes my performance.

If someone would be so kind as to share their methodology with me, what they track and how, I would be much obliged.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:37 PM   #2
Frank Menendez

Profile:
check out the thread I just started, "Workout Log for all!" enjoy :-)
Old 12-31-2006, 04:15 PM   #3
Mary Wilcox

Profile:
What I've been doing is printing the workout then taking it with me and scribbling notes and times all over it. I record it here. When there is a repeat workout the previous date is posted and I can look back and see changes.

I've started a brief exercise list on the computer that I can print out as needed. It has things like:
Overhead press. 2 x 20 lb. dumbbells. Try heavier (if less than 10 reps).

If I were going low tech, I'd get a page a day calendar and keep it in my gym bag. That has enough room to give the wod, modifications, any changes, etc.

Since I'm starting out, am in bad shape, and am somewhat compulsive, I list everything remotely pertinent. This way I can look back and see small signs of progress. If I were doing them as rx'd, then I'd probably just list the wod, results, and maybe a brief comment.

If I didn't log this way, I don't think I would have made it this far (three months, 68 workouts). I don't see much change in my life so I lean on small improvements like squats in sets of 8, not 5; or whatever.