CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-24-2007, 03:36 AM   #1
Susie Rosenberg

Profile:
Ten Pound Challenge

Good morning, ten pound challengers!

So far, so good.

Alicia, how are you feeling? I hope better.

Akols, you are the inspiration for this group of adults. I am so impressed with your 45 minutes on the treadmill. And I hear you even RAN! I'm trying to run, too. I wonder what you will have to report tonight?

Mr. Derek, with all due respect, WHERE ARE YOUR VEGETABLES? I think this challenge should be "ten pounds of vegetables" for you. I wanna see something GREEN mentioned in your post tonight.

Gina, that's some workout you did yesterday. How long have you been doing strength work? I'm working hard on upper body strength, but it's slow going. (I think the fact that I have two fused discs, plus lots of degeneration in my cervical spine, poses limitations to overhead work)

Cal, nice going. I love the name of your smoothies. My problem was, I made non-innocent smoothies: too much chocolate.

Sarena, how did yesterday go for you?

I'm happy to report today's scale reading: 147.8. Going down!

Today I'm planning to do my one hour spin class, followed by one hour with my personal trainer (a Crossfit enthusiast). I'm planning to do a scaled JT today, plus whatever else he throws my way, either heavy weights, or more Crossfit, depending on how wiped I am.

Have a strong day. See you tonight at the accounting....

Susie
Old 08-24-2007, 06:37 AM   #2
Alicia Michel

Profile:
Re: Ten Pound Challenge

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. Was feeling weak this morning but the head has cleared up a little at least.

Fri 24 Aug

Food:
4 cups chicken meat, 4 cups broccoli, 2 tbsp canola oil, 2 apples, 2 oranges (stuffing myself with vitamins)

Exercise:
20 minutes elliptical, 10 minutes rower
Old 08-24-2007, 07:56 AM   #3
Cal Jones

Profile:

Well done on the loss so far, Susie!

These are the smoothies I buy - I usually get the regular or superfood smoothies. And try to stay away from the thickies, although they are very good...

http://www.innocentdrinks.co.uk/ (w/f safe)

I used to make my own but got sick of cleaning out the blender. Plus these are much easier to take to work (and no danger of overestimating portions!)

Tonight I will be attempting the lovely WOD. I'm off to my parents for the weekend then seeing my fella on Monday so I'm not sure I'll be able to maintain my good habits so far, but I will try not to go mad.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:40 AM   #4
Eric Lester

Profile:

Day 2 (Thursday, August 23)
Breakfast: Handful of peanuts, handful Cheddar Bunnies (like organic Goldfish crackers, but not as tasty)
Lunch: Cracker Barrel Turkey and Dressing, Green Beans, 1 corn muffin
Snack: Protein Bar
Dinner: Buffalo wings at Applebees.

Workout: Heavy Shoulder Press, Heavy Squats, DB presses on glute ham developer, Sprints on soccer field

Akols:Keep up the great work! 45 minutes on the treadmill is awesome, and running part of it is very impressive. Knowing that you worked that hard helps keep me from quitting early at the gym and going home!

Susie:Have you been doing the same amount of work previous to the 10 pound challenge? I would imagine at your current level of activity the weight is going to come off pretty fast. Reading your log makes me feel downright lazy!

Derek:Eep, I think Suzie is right. You need some more greens, and so do I! How about we challenge each other to eat something green every day?
Old 08-24-2007, 01:45 PM   #5
Susie Rosenberg

Profile:

Alicia, I'm glad you are on the mend. Maybe the virtual chicken soup helped. In any case, I hope you feel 100% tomorrow.

Cal, thanks for the link to the smoothies you buy. I, too, hate cleaning the blender. I haven't found a pre-made drink I think is worth the calories thus far.

Eric, nice workout! But yes, you and Derek need to drop and give me 50. Fifty pieces of broccoli, that is! Let's see some green, Sirs!

Akols, it seems you are inspiring both Eric and me to keep at it in the gym. If Akols can do it, well, then WE'LL do it, too. I can't wait to hear what you did today.

Eric, I'm used to working hard, but I've shifted some things. My usual routine of spinning, riding long distance outdoors, and weight-lifting (in a lowkey traditional way) got me kind of stagnant. So to mix things up a bit, I decided to train for a half-marathon run. (I'm not much of a runner, frankly, so it's good.) When I complained about getting stale, my trainer started me on Crossfit workouts. The moral is, be careful what you wish for.....

Today, I did my one hour spin class (HR max 163, HR average 145, 604 cal.) followed by a modified jt (push press with the unweighted bar, 45 lbs., bench dips, pushups) followed by tabata everything. First time with that one, score of 37 with pull-ups done on the gravitron with an 80 lb. assist. Next time will be better.

I'm HUNGRY. I've eaten about 1000 calories so far today, and it's only 3:41pm here and I'm trying to hold out for dinner.

*sigh* I always get hungry after working out like that. A little hunger is good, right? I think I will make some green iced tea.

Susie
Old 08-24-2007, 02:21 PM   #6
Derek Maffett

Profile:

Decided that the pectoral was feeling good enough to do a workout, so I did Cindy (first WOD ever!)

That was so freaking hard. I only got seven rounds. Pushups I started on rings but quickly switched to floor and eventually reduced even those to wide grip floor pushups (much easier for me). The first four rounds were pretty much no rest but I started needing a lot for the next three rounds. Had to consciously restrain myself from puking by the time twenty minutes was up. Might try some muscle up work tonight when I recover from the WOD.

Susie, yes, I do need more greens in the diet. I'll try to factor those in.

My mom wants to join the challenge now. She wants to stock the house with the healthy food but she is going to start monitoring her breakfasts now and doing simplefit. I'll be posting for her. Yet another contender, Susie!
Old 08-24-2007, 02:51 PM   #7
Susie Rosenberg

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Maffett View Post
Decided that the pectoral was feeling good enough to do a workout, so I did Cindy (first WOD ever!)

.... I'll be posting for her. Yet another contender, Susie!

Yay, Derek! Congrats on the first WOD ever! And that's super news about your mom. Should we call her Mrs. Derek? Ms. Derek's Mom?

I think I scored the tabata wrong. I did the 20 sec work/10 sec rest intervals of pullups, pushups, situps and squats. I did 8 pullups x 8; 12 pushups x 8; 20 situps x 8; and 15 squats x 8. I don't know what that means, though, in terms of score. Clearly, I paced myself for this first time through.

Susie
Old 08-24-2007, 02:58 PM   #8
Brandon Oto

Profile:

That's an excellent score, Susie.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:59 PM   #9
Derek Maffett

Profile:

Tabata something else is scored in total reps. Tabata this is scored in sum of lowest rep round per exercise.

I probably shouldn't release my mom's name unless she says it's okay. It probably will be, though. "Derek's Mom" for now.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:56 PM   #10
Susie Rosenberg

Profile:

Thanks for explaining the scoring to me, Derek. And thanks for the thumbs up, Brandon.

I have to laugh now thinking about today's workout. My trainer, who is in the process of opening a Crossfit affiliate, was moving me from exercise to exercise. It was hot in the weight room, and at one point I was feeling nauseated, and my trainer asked if I was ok.

You have to know that I am a *lady*, even in the gym, and I replied, "let's just get the f'in thing over with."

Susie