CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-04-2009, 12:09 PM   #1
Christie Warner

Profile:
Real Wrx Workout Log

I am new to the forum but have been Crossfitting with my husband for almost three years now. Crossfit has changed my life and my body. Prior to being introduced to CF, I fell into the Women's Fitness routine and believed the hipe about "run to grow muscle." Yaaaa, that never worked. Finally, CF came my way and I was able to cut my fat percentage from 17 percent to 9 percent and gain muscle mass. I am a 5'6 female, 125 pounds. I have never felt healthier in my entire life. Thank you, CF and all the geniuses behind it.

Right now, I am training for a RAW Powerlifting competition coming up in September.

Yesterday 08/03/ was as follows:

Back squat: 225 working weight (7x2)

I need to keep moving up on my working BS weight. I am hoping that I do. Yesterday, I was low on calories (350) and could certainly tell from my strength plummet. Need to eat moreeeeeee.

Scratched Bench Press because I was so low on CAL and wanted to wait until the next day (today) to do it.

Instead, I completed:

10 warm-up back ext.
8 25 lb back ext.
8 25 lb back ext.
8 35 lb back ext.
8 35 lb back ext.

10 warm-up wind mills
10 20 lb windmills
10 25 lb windmills
10 30 lb windmills

Some other light ab work...

Today 08/04 will be bench press, some other supportive exercises, and maybe a modified FRAN for less volume. Training for strength and power is apparently best with less volume.

I've eaten 500 calories so far today, so we'll see how it goes...I feel much stronger already.

One thing I am concerned about is how much conditioning I should do since I am training for this competition. I usually do strength and conditioning together, but I have dropped my conditioning down to twice a week (if not once) and only light and quick circuits. I don't like it, but my husband, who is also my coach, thinks that this is the right way to go...I think he is right. I just hate not conditioning as much.

Last edited by Christie Warner; 08-04-2009 at 12:20 PM..
Old 08-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #2
Christie Warner

Profile:
Re: Real Wrx Workout Log

sooo, today I felt much stronger. Thank you eggs and bacon.

warm up

5 by 2 Bench Press 90% 1 rep max
set of 10 and 3 sets of 5 at 40& 1 rep max (for muscle memory and MAJOR form focus with speed on the upstroke)

and then a modified FRAN:

three rounds of:
10 95 lb thruster
10 pullups

I'm smoked.

Tomorrow is my day for rest and recovery. Gonna hit deadlift hard on Thursday and front squat hard on Friday.

Last edited by Christie Warner; 08-04-2009 at 02:32 PM..
Old 08-05-2009, 10:53 AM   #3
Christie Warner

Profile:

Rest day. Those thrusters got me good in my shoulders and butt/hamstrings. A bit sore....

Forgot to mention my supplement/vitamin intake, though.

Fish oils - 8 to 10 a day
Multi-Vitamin - 1 a day
Rose hips/Vit. C - 2 a day
Acidopholus(sp) - 1-2 a day

Post - workout or sometimes in the morning with a shake, I take 1/2 half to 1 full scoop of EAS whey protein (no carbs). I also take BCAAs if I can remember them.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:26 AM   #4
Mike Kerce

Profile:

your strength looks pretty awesome given your BW. best of luck training for the event!
Old 08-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #5
Christie Warner

Profile:

why, thank ya sir!
Old 08-05-2009, 02:54 PM   #6
Christie Warner

Profile:

I should also add that I stay between 10 and 14 percent body fat, which is possible with the amount of fat I eat in my diet. It is ideal for my height and weight.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:40 AM   #7
Christie Warner

Profile:

Today is deadlift day. We will see how it goes. Will probably do a speed workout with light weight. My working weight last week was 225. Last time I checked (many months ago) my one rep was 265 and to the point where I may have been able to do 275. I'd be interested to see what my one rep is now since I am actually training for strength. My backsquat one rep is around 245 or 255...needs to be higher though. I am doing a one rep on all three lifts soon to see if I've gotten stronger.

My weight group in the state of NC where I am competing holds records around 250 and 260 and the highest backsquat is 205...bench 155. There's a 50 yr old woman who competed with a crazy back squat (275) but I believe she is in masters now. But I'm going to pretend that I am competing against her and get my back squat up to 275...try to anyway...I'm pretty sure I have a chance to take my weight group...need to keep my nerves in check though and remember to have fun. If I do well, I can go to World. That would be a freakin blast!

I changed my diet a bit to where I feel much stronger. I am increasing my calories to 1500...seems to be working. The no/low carb diet is great for strength...Wolf is a genius. Just trying to keep out of my lean stage, I have a tendency to get way too lean...also because I forget to eat (not good), which in accordance with low carb and my training = major fat-burning mode. Right now I'm just trying to eat for performance and let my body make amends where it should. I can definitely feel a difference just by a small change. I feel strong and vital today. Coconut milk is my friend..*gasp* Ready to pump it up raw style!

PS....I hate when people use the POWER RACK to do shrugs....REALLY??!!!

Last edited by Christie Warner; 08-06-2009 at 10:44 AM..
Old 08-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #8
Christie Warner

Profile:

08/06

Deadlift day...wooooot!

warm up set: DL 135 by 5

225 by 1 (much easier this go round)
275 by 1 (PR!)
280 by 1 (PR!)

Deadlift worked out great today! I am excited about my new PR's.

Sumo DL 185 lbs 3 by 3

Speed Set DL at 95 two sets of 20

30 Knees to Elbows

Gonna do a video of my progression soon...maybe youtube it or something.

Not a bad day, really. Still feel as if I am not doing enough. I think that is just a mental thing since I am coming off conditioning as much..

There seem to be some very unhappy people on this forum...almost every thread is more like a p***ing contest...
I'm a pretty chill person though...aside from when I am incompetition mode...

I think that I am gonna stick to using this for what it is good for:
workout logs/tracking linear progression.

Last edited by Christie Warner; 08-06-2009 at 02:54 PM..
Old 08-06-2009, 07:34 PM   #9
Mike Kerce

Profile:

awesome work! 280 DL is INCREDIBLE at 125! on the people here...95% are great and extremely supportive...but any message board has it's naysayers and people who look to argue...just take it in stride and personally, i'd say it's best to not feel like you have to argue your points. if you're living proof of the methodology you follow - that's speaks volumes. congrats on the PRs...i'm going to watch your blog because i have become recently obsessed with lifting and i'm astounded at the weights you're posting. fantastic stuff.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:33 AM   #10
matthew maclaren lawson

Profile:

Great job on the PR!
Mr. Kerce agrees, your strong!