CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 12-04-2007, 05:19 PM   #1
Glenn Pendlay

Profile:
Please support Ft Bragg soldiers

I am attempting to support a special operations unit from Ft Bragg through a local VFW chapter. They are in Iraq and need 8 sets of equipment each one including a bar, a complete bumper set, a 35lb kettlebell, a 55lb kettlebell, a 20lb dynamax ball, a set of rings, and a pair of squat stands.

The only money available would be the soldiers own money or money or items donated to the local VFW chapter which is supporting them.

I am taking care of the kettlebells, the bumpers, and the bars, and these items will be shipped to Iraq on a plane leaving Dec 15th I think

I am looking for people who might want to donate 20lb dynamax balls, sets of rings, or squat stands, or money to buy them. These items need to be rounded up by around Jan 10th to be shipped to Iraq on a plane leaving approximately Jan 15th.

I have contacted several sellers of these items and they will all be sold at cost, with no profit to the seller. Several crossfit affiliates have also committed to donating items.

If you are interested in helping these soldiers out, please contact me at glennpendlay@yahoo.com for the details. Any money or items donated will be tax deductable and donated to a VFW chapter.

Glenn
Old 12-04-2007, 06:22 PM   #2
Kris Warner

Profile:
Re: Please support Ft Bragg soldiers

Is there a need for plyo boxes?
Old 12-05-2007, 11:20 AM   #3
Ben Kaminski

Profile:

I will help with a donation, is there a donation page?
Old 12-05-2007, 05:28 PM   #4
Glenn Pendlay

Profile:

to those who have already emailed and any who might want to, I will have the mailing address for checks and the name of the non-profit to make them out to by tomorrow. thanks for everyones help.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:57 PM   #5
Glenn Pendlay

Profile:

I would like to thank Eddie and Lisa Lugo from Crossfit San Diego for a very large and very appreciated donation of equipment to the Fort Bragg soldiers.

Others vendors who have already donated or offered to donate include Jon Gilson from Againfaster, Ahmik Jones from Crossfit SoCal, and Jason at Wright rubber. All of their help is very much appreciated.

To individuals who have contacted me about the details of sending a check, please be patient with me, I will post the information on this forum soon about who to make the checks out to and where to send them.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #6
Glenn Pendlay

Profile:

For anyone wanting to donate a check to support this effort, please mail the check to:

NC Branch Give2thetroops, Inc
3109 Landmark St
Greenville NC 27834

Make checks payable to Give2thetroops and mark on the memo line "MWR
gear".

Please make SURE you mark "MWR gear" on the memo line so this money goes to the correct project.

Also, please make sure you include a valid return address, as I believe certificates of thanks will be mailed out to those who help on this. Vendors sending equipment instead of a cash donation should also make sure that they include a mailing address where their letter of thanks and certificate of thanks can be mailed back to them.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:13 AM   #7
Glenn Pendlay

Profile:

I just wanted to bump this up, as we are still a couple of thousand dollars short of supplying this equipment to the troops. Many people have been very generous, but we need a few more! Thanks to everyone who has already helped out...