CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:22 PM   #1
Paul Findley

Profile:
Lots of noob talk on the main page comments.

Noobs are great, yes they ask a lot of stupid questions they can easily have answered themselves. Hell, I asked what 1-1-1-1-1 meant too, if I recall (but it may have been an email to a friend as opposed to publicly embarassing myself, could have been the latter tho).

What makes nOObs great is that they mean we have a vibrant community, this is a good thing. I <3 teh nOOb.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:30 PM   #2
Lara Lewis

Profile:
Crossfit can be confusing at first, but it is frustrating when people don't take the time to search for the answer before posting questions in the comments section. It is especially annoying because Crossfit has a real good FAQ section and videos of the exercises.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:02 PM   #3
Darrell E. White

Profile:
Yep...yep, yep, yep. It certainly gets tiresome seeing and answering all of the questions from the newcomers that can be found in the FAQ and exercise sections. Since Coach hasn't put a little reminder on the comments page (and even if he did), we'll continue to see these questions, especially in the beginning of the year when all of the resolutions are enacted or after a complimentary article in an exercise mag.

As frustrating as it may be the best approach is probably to answer the question and add a GENTLE admonition to look and search before tapping into the goodwill and knowledge of the community. (Obvious trolls get, and deserve, what they get) Mind you, this is coming from someone who spent 3 or 4 months reading every word on the site and doing my best to do the WOD before my first post.

Just my .02...

Old 03-10-2007, 08:09 AM   #4
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Been here before most of you, and watched you all come in and become important members of the board. I try to greet as many people as possible, you never know what someone will contribute in the future...if they feel welcome. I bet I've answered some questions 50 times. People get excited about the site and are in a rush for information...no problem, refines my abilities to explain. I've gotten a lot out of this community, giving back in a gentle manner (most of the time) is the least I could do.