CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 08-11-2009, 02:56 AM   #1
Scot Heyes

Profile:
Fall from the Pull Up Bar, internal brusing in the kidney area?

While doing the WOD in my local Affiliate yesterday, my hands slipped of the bar during the kip swing and I fell to the floor landing on the right hand side of my lower back. This severely winded me and needless to say I do not finish the workout.

I have visited my local hospital and they are happy that I have no skeletal damage and that I have some soft tissue bruising around the kidney area and they have gave me some pain killers. What is the best way to speed up recovery ice or heat, and are they any recommendations on training/stretching/rest time?

Any help will be very much appreciated as I am due to go on holiday on Thursday and would like to be as comfortable as possible for the trip, I was going to try and visit the local Crossfit Affiliate while I was away .....
Old 08-11-2009, 04:39 AM   #2
Christopher Delgado

Profile:
Re: Fall from the Pull Up Bar, internal brusing in the kidney area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot Heyes View Post
While doing the WOD in my local Affiliate yesterday, my hands slipped of the bar during the kip swing and I fell to the floor landing on the right hand side of my lower back. This severely winded me and needless to say I do not finish the workout.

I have visited my local hospital and they are happy that I have no skeletal damage and that I have some soft tissue bruising around the kidney area and they have gave me some pain killers. What is the best way to speed up recovery ice or heat, and are they any recommendations on training/stretching/rest time?

Any help will be very much appreciated as I am due to go on holiday on Thursday and would like to be as comfortable as possible for the trip, I was going to try and visit the local Crossfit Affiliate while I was away .....
I did nearly the exact same thing a few days ago. I havent gone to see the doctor yet thought. I suppose I probably should.

That said, alternating hot and cold works wonders for soft tissue. I had a pretty severe soft tissue injury in high school and I would go like 10 minutes with a heating pad as hot as I could stand it followed by 10 minutes of ice. I would do this throughout the day when I had time and it worked out pretty well.