CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 05-04-2009, 09:18 AM   #21
Andrew H. Meador

Profile:
Re: Smoking While CFing ?

I was almost a pack-a-day smoker. I've seen (and done) some stupid things regarding cigarettes. Picking one off of the ground at a tough military school and lighting up when it could have gotten me kicked out. I saw a guy light up after hitting the ground at Airborne School. Too funny. It's definitely a mind-f@#* when you light up on the field during a rugby match, like when somebody is getting treated by a medic and you just light up. I'm right there with you about the canoeist - I can see myself having done just that. I used to light up during training rucks. Now THAT's cruel because when you pass somebody usually you're only going .5 mph faster than they are. It's like something out of a 1948 Italian black-and-white.