CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 09-25-2011, 07:04 PM   #11
Bryan Rowland

Profile:
Thumbs up Re: Reebok VR6000 Gloves

The gloves are in fact a great idea. I have not been on this discussion board long however I have been with the main site since 2007. During that time no matter how long you have trained you will always come across a grip intensive WOD that will tear your hands apart. All the chalk in the world will not help. Then you are looking at a week plus of healing. During which you will not be able to put out max effort the entire time on grip intensive movements. I tape my hand and it falls off. Gloves rip yes then you get a new pair. Their just like shoes expendable.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:11 PM   #12
Matthew Swartz

Profile:
Re: Reebok VR6000 Gloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Norris View Post
Funny you should say that as I hate wearing shoes, and If I do i wear vibrams.

Back to the topic though. Being "hard" has nothing to do with it. Crossfit is all about being minimalistic. Heck until recently not many people wore belts for max efforts. And if I see a WOD with lots of pullups in it I just tape my hands.

Unless you already have lots of tears and still want to train hard then there are many better options than wearing gloves.

My question back to you Mark is where does it end? I dont want callouses on my hands because I think it is unattractive, can I wear gloves for everything? I dont want bruises or marks on my shins so should I stop deadlifting or wear soccer shin pads? I get bruises on my back from heavy back squats, can I put a huge globo gym padding on the bar to stop my back from hurting?

I hate tearing my hands as it does hurt and makes training more difficult till they heal. But sometimes they just happen, you can tape and they just happen. Just like sometimes you **** up a box jump and scrape your shins.
Tearing a callous is just a risk we take from training hard, and I will continue to train hard and continue to run the risk of tearing a callous because it is better than the alternative.

Believe it or not sometimes sh*t happens that we do not expect.
... I expect my hands to rip on this next workout. Solution? Wear gloves. Problem foreseen, problem prevented.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #13
Lawrence Munsayac

Profile:

I have yet to try the VR6000 gloves. Though if I were to recommend a pair, last week I got myself a pair of RTG CrossFit gloves from Strongerrx.com .Great pair, I must say. Really helped with the blisters I kept getting from doing kips.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #14
Charles Golden

Profile:

I love the double standard thrown down sometimes....

gloves aren't ok, but chalk is perfectly fine. Which is more likely to be functionly used outside of the gym?

CF is about "minimalism" yet how many of us dropped $100+ on a pair of shoes to WOD in and another similar price on a different pair of shoes to lift in?

To each his own. Work out however, in whatever you want, but don't ridicule your fellow man/woman because they chose to do it differently.
Grace - 1:58 Fran - 3:55 CFT - 985
Old 11-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #15
Matt Thomas

Profile:

I'm not sure Ben is still listening since the last post he made in this thread was over a year ago...
Old 11-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #16
Omar F. Cordero

Profile:
Post Re: Reebok VR6000 Gloves

Hi our team came out with a glove last year to handle the demands of a crossfit athlete. You can take a look here. (The RTG Glove)We don't allow advertising or sales on here. or reach out to me if you have any questions.

Best,

OC.

Last edited by Omar F. Cordero : 11-19-2012 at 01:00 PM. Reason: .
Old 11-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #17
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar F. Cordero View Post
Hi our team came out with a glove last year to handel the demands of a crossfit athlete. You can take a look here.
Best,

OC.
Reporting as a violation of site rules. If Fringe's postings here are a violation, certainly this must be too.

- Mark
Old 11-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #18
Camille Lore

Profile:  

It absolutely is. Thanks for the heads up.