CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 04-03-2009, 02:21 PM   #1
Michael Schubert

Profile:
Houston, TX area underwater BF testing?

I've been going to CrossFit for about a month and I'm really enjoying everything about the program. My diet is crap and I'm gearing up to Enter the Zone. Getting my meal plans together and such. I want to get a baseline true body-fat percentage. Does anyone know of a place in or near Houston, TX that I can get underwater testing done? This seems to be the gold standard from what I can tell. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:56 PM   #2
Eric S. Jensen

Profile:
Re: Houston, TX area underwater BF testing?

I would suggest you just start making small changes to your diet. Try to follow a paleo diet for a while and just eat till your full. Sometimes going from eating a traditional westerner diet to the zone can be a bit much and intimidating. Plus there's a lot to learn about the zone and you dont want to waste all that time trying to figure out your meal plans. So start eating meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, and some fruit.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #3
John McPherson

Profile:
Re: Houston, TX area underwater BF testing?

I'm pretty sure that Memorial Hermann still does it, they were offering all sorts of special packages around marathon time. http://www.memorialhermann.org/locat...t.aspx?id=2932 (safe for work)