CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 12-17-2014, 01:11 PM   #1
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:
Open, Regional, Games, Scaled, Masters Qualifier and Crossfit doing some events during the non peak times

I like the new changes. Seems that the top people will be going to the games. Some tops missed out and I am sure that it will not happen again like that. With the scaled division do you think that the workouts will be more technical. Adding HSPU, HS walks, pistols, TGU's..

I am sure that they will go heavier on the met cons. Snatch, OHS, Clean, jerks, thrusters... etc.. more weeding..

Being a master I like that they kept it the same.. seems like they got the best people in most cases. Video taping keeps it honest.

I am looking forward to the first open workout in 127 days..
Old 12-18-2014, 07:30 AM   #2
Jayme Gruber

Profile:
Re: Open, Regional, Games, Scaled, Masters Qualifier and Crossfit doing some events during the non peak times

I don't care for them limiting the amount of people.

For some, it's an dream just to go to Regionals and now that dream is likely gone. They could still bring the same amount of people to the Games, keeping the Regionals pool as it was wouldn't effect that.

As for the WODs. It sounds like regular and scaled will be the same WODs, scaled will just be, scaled... I know that sounds obvious, but some people were hoping for something like the Team Series, or just completely different WODs. My guess would be instead of CTB, regular pullups, instead of TTB, KTE, instead of HSPU, push press, etc. Which I think is good, but it will also keep a lot of people from coming out of their comfort zone and surprising themselves. But at the same time, some people get demoralized so I guess it's a good idea.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:49 AM   #3
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:
Re: Open, Regional, Games, Scaled, Masters Qualifier and Crossfit doing some events during the non peak times

Good point.. the regionals is always better if you have a horse in the running. With the low numbers the local boy/girl doesn't have much of a chance. Will have to see if the better athletes bring in more crowds than the small box hero underdogs.