CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-18-2008, 06:33 PM   #1
Nicholas Brosko

Profile:
tips on my diet, need expert advise!

Height- 73”
Weight-205lbs
Waist- 32.5”
Wrist- 7.5”

A typical day:
5:30am- 3 eggs over easy, banana w/ peanut butter (natural, no hydronated oil), ½ cup cottage cheese, and 16oz coffee black

8:00am- a handful of nuts (either macadamias or cashews or almonds)

11:00am- a salad with mixed greens and a chicken breast, olive oil, flax seed, and salsa, and an orange

1:30pm- preworkout- 20g whey protein with 5g glutamine and 315mg green tea extract mixed w/ water

2:15-3:00pm- postworkout- 20g whey with mega man multi and 4g BCAA’s mixed with 120oz. fat free milk and a ½ bagel with a little honey

4:00pm- 2 turkey burgers with steamed broccoli and a handful of nuts and a Clementine.

7:00pm- 1 cup cottage cheese and some nuts

9:00pm- 20g whey mixed w/ water
10:00pm- BED

I drink about a gallon of water a day and my workouts consist of some crossfit/bodybuilding type workouts. I also run or swim in the morning about 2-3X a week after breakfast and I am going to be riding a bike to work @ least 1x a week, 30miles round trip.
I can’t seem to lose the last little bit of fat around my stomach, is it water weight? Is there anything I can change in my diet? I want a real tight looking stomach, I have abs when I flex but I want them all the time! Any helpful tips would be great.
Also where are you suppose to measure when you measure your stomach?
Old 08-18-2008, 06:40 PM   #2
David Schneider

Profile:
Re: tips on my diet, need expert advise!

Cut the grains and dairy, that should help in your Ab quest.

When I cut dairy, my abs popped. I still avoid grains and dairy and things are going pretty well. I also stopped taking all my whey protein when I started CF. Haven't really missed it. I eat so much meat and fish these days, whey would be overkill.

-David
Old 08-19-2008, 06:42 AM   #3
Laura Kurth

Profile:

how many calories are you eating per day? grams of pro/carb/fat?

1hr before bed seems like an odd time to drink just 20g whey in water and nothing else?

overall your diet looks pretty good IMO.

It is probably simply a matter of cutting calories somewhat to drop the last few lbs of body fat. Your dairy consumption does seem quite high, if you are eating cottage cheese 2x per day and whey 2x per day.

I would suggest you lose the whey before bed, and perhaps switch the banana at breakfast out for some berries or even better, veggies with your eggs if possible. And I guess you could try cutting out that half a bagel and replacing it with the banana.

And you could try not eating 8 times per day, it isn't necessary, does it not drive you mad to eat so often?
Old 08-19-2008, 09:31 PM   #4
Joe Bernard

Profile:

I agree with Laura, bananas have a high GI, try eating a different fruit with the PB, like an apple. Ditch the protein powder it does nothing. I feel better after post-workout meals that do not include protein powder. After ditching whey about six months ago, I have gotten really lean, to the point of where my abs stick out. Dump grains and powder and your set. The only good way to get a solid set of abs is to eat meat, fish, veggies, fruit, nuts and oils, little starch, no sugar (besides the ones in fruit). Basically, eat paleo and you will become a lean mean fightin machine, provided your sleep is dialed in.