CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 10-21-2007, 08:01 PM   #1
Emil Berengut

Profile:
Cscs

Haven't posted in a while due to school commitments, but wanted to share something. I passed my CSCS exam, gaining the majority of information over the past four years from this forum. The first part was science based-I got that from my PT program, but the rest-right here! Thanks to everyone who's shared their knowledge over the years.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:50 PM   #2
Zac Stutts

Profile:
Re: Cscs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Berengut View Post
Haven't posted in a while due to school commitments, but wanted to share something. I passed my CSCS exam, gaining the majority of information over the past four years from this forum. The first part was science based-I got that from my PT program, but the rest-right here! Thanks to everyone who's shared their knowledge over the years.
congrats, i recently passed my cscs exam too. its a good feeling
Old 10-22-2007, 06:54 AM   #3
Jim Dolle

Profile:

Emil, it's surprising and encouraging that you were able to glean so much from CF for the CSCS exam. I'm studing for mine on December 1. But I find some of the principles in the book somewhat contrary to CF methods, like the integration of aerobic and anaerobic, recuperation time, and almost total emphasis on structured movements in CF. Did you find this a challenge?

Thanks, Zac, for your previous comments too. Any further suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Jim
Old 10-22-2007, 07:26 PM   #4
Emil Berengut

Profile:

Hey Zac, I agree some of the stuff in the book is quite contradictory. Even more, much of the exercise stuff I've been taught in PT school has been contrary to CF philosophy. However, I've been trying to integrate the information the best I can. It's a challenge though, and I've been complaining about it to Dan Martin for over a year . Furthermore, much of the information was from posts that weren't necessarily CF related, stuff that I've retained from just years of reading from athletes that post on here. Finally, there's a video portion, as you know, where you're asked to examine technique for o-lifts, plyometrics, agility drills etc. All things that I've perfomed with CF inspiration, but not necessarily through CF. If you have any other questions, please let me know.