CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 10-02-2011, 09:07 PM   #101
Brian Hyland

Profile:
Re: Knowshon Moreno Training at CF Verve w/ Video

Wow, lot of pages for this one...

Is Crossfit the most effective way for a pro football player to train to become a better pro football player. Probably not.

When Moreno called up Verve, did he ask if they could make him a better pro football player? Probably not.

Does Matt Chan consider himself to be a strength & conditioning coach specifically geared towards pro football players, and/or did he tell Moreno that he'd make him a better pro football player? Probably not.

Is it cool for the average Crossfitter to see a pro football player getting his *** kicked by the same workouts that kick their *** on a daily basis? Probably. Hence a video report on a pro football player walking into a box.

Why overthink/overanalyze this stuff?? It was lockout, the guy was bored, he found a productive way to cure his boredom and let us watch. Why not just wish the guy luck??
Old 10-02-2011, 09:47 PM   #102
Aushion Chatman

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hyland View Post

Is Crossfit the most effective way for a pro football player to train to become a better pro football player. Probably not.

When Moreno called up Verve, did he ask if they could make him a better pro football player? Probably not.

Does Matt Chan consider himself to be a strength & conditioning coach specifically geared towards pro football players, and/or did he tell Moreno that he'd make him a better pro football player? Probably not.

Is it cool for the average Crossfitter to see a pro football player getting his *** kicked by the same workouts that kick their *** on a daily basis? Probably. Hence a video report on a pro football player walking into a box.

Why overthink/overanalyze this stuff?? It was lockout, the guy was bored, he found a productive way to cure his boredom and let us watch. Why not just wish the guy luck??
Your logical approach does not belong on an internet message board...you have been warned!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #103
Milton Brisson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hyland View Post

Get this crazy voodoo outta my head!!!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #104
Brian Hyland

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aushion Chatman View Post
Your logical approach does not belong on an internet message board...you have been warned!!!
HA!! My sincerest apologies, I'm new round these parts...
Old 10-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #105
Dave Coughlin

Profile:

Matt Hasselback was supposedly doing CF this past off-season as well, and he has definitely ressurected himself playing for the 3-1 Titans.

Maybe Moreno was trying something different to keep him healthy for an entire season, but I don't see anything wrong with NFL players doing CF in the off-season for conditioning. I doubt they'd CF during the season, or even when they start the meat of the pre-season work.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #106
Donald Lee

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coughlin View Post
Matt Hasselback was supposedly doing CF this past off-season as well, and he has definitely ressurected himself playing for the 3-1 Titans.

Maybe Moreno was trying something different to keep him healthy for an entire season, but I don't see anything wrong with NFL players doing CF in the off-season for conditioning. I doubt they'd CF during the season, or even when they start the meat of the pre-season work.
Off-season is when you need to build yourself up. During the season is all about maintaining what you can and trying to stay healthy.

I hope I didn't misinterpret your post.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:50 PM   #107
Kevin Bean

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coughlin View Post
It's called an O-line. Matt's always been a great pocket passer with time...remember Superbowl XL?
Old 10-04-2011, 09:05 AM   #108
Mike Johnson

Profile:

WTF

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-wp8611

link WFS
Old 10-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #109
Paulo Santos

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Johnson View Post
He didn't fall. The seat fell off. Not news worthy.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #110
Dave Coughlin

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Lee View Post
Off-season is when you need to build yourself up. During the season is all about maintaining what you can and trying to stay healthy.

I hope I didn't misinterpret your post.
It's all good
I was speaking about guys using CF as something different than the usual off-season training stuff....beats doing 3x10 IMO. the above comment was more saying that CFFB type stuff (barbells, metcons, etc) would be a welcome change from off-season conditioning. I'd figure in-season training is pretty simple, and not too stressful on the body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Bean View Post
It's called an O-line. Matt's always been a great pocket passer with time...remember Superbowl XL?
Argumentative much?

I watched this past Titans game (as they destroyed my beloved Browns), and Hass looked much more agile on his feet than he has in a while IMO. Yes, the Tennessee OL is quite solid, but he looks like a different QB moving around the pocket. I was simply stating that Hasselbeck has looked like he took a dip in the Fountain of Youth, and I never mentioned how good/bad of a pocket passer he is. I simply said he was rumored to have done CF over the summer, and now he looks like he has resurrected himself. His reputation is that of an accurate pocket QB, that has a hard time staying healthy a whole season.