CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-01-2011, 05:41 AM   #491
Dustin Standel

Profile:
Re: Milt's WoD Log

Sounds like a good Birthday to me! Enjoy your next year!
My Workout Log Box Jump-36"; Deadlift-335; Clean and Jerk-150; Split Jerk-155; Weighted Pullup-20; Squat-245; Press-140; Bench-210; 3RM Thruster-145; DT 22:43 (105#)
Old 08-02-2011, 02:14 PM   #492
Milton Brisson

Profile:

August 2, 2011

First day of training in a while, really piled up the volume today!

Started with some pull-up volume:
All reps strict: 6-5-5

ASWoD (from yesterday)
Press 3 x 5 @ 145#

Today's DWoD:
Lizzie
12, 9, 6, 3 for reps:

Power Cleans 185 lbs (155#)
Ring Dips (no rings - just bar dips)

Time: 7:56 - I was shooting for sub-8 on this one, so I am pretty happy with the effort. A guy politely worked in to the dip station while I was doing this, so I think I could have got this one even faster...although, the rest probably helped me get through the cleans faster...

Cashed out with a 500m row, went at maximum effort.
Time: 1:58 - Thats a PR! Never gone sub-2 at this distance, was over 40 strokes/min for most of the row.

Solid day today!
Old 08-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #493
Milton Brisson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Apollo View Post
happy bday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
Happy birthday Milt, sounds like you had a good one to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Standel View Post
Sounds like a good Birthday to me! Enjoy your next year!
Thanks guys! I am much better now, than I was a year ago! Here's to another year of that!
Old 08-02-2011, 07:07 PM   #494
Jason A Smith

Profile:

Great work Milt, happy birthday and to another better year on our thirties. I'll be 35 in a month and a half !
Old 08-03-2011, 06:08 AM   #495
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Ah dude, happy late birthday!! That is a PR for years for you is'nt it?!?
Old 08-03-2011, 07:29 AM   #496
Ted Apollo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Brisson View Post
Thanks guys! I am much better now, than I was a year ago! Here's to another year of that!

awesome! it is a nice feeling to know that you can be in better shape at 40 then you were when you were 30 or possibly 20.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #497
Milton Brisson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A Smith View Post
Great work Milt, happy birthday and to another better year on our thirties. I'll be 35 in a month and a half !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
Ah dude, happy late birthday!! That is a PR for years for you is'nt it?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Apollo View Post
awesome! it is a nice feeling to know that you can be in better shape at 40 then you were when you were 30 or possibly 20.
Thanks again!!! Yup, age PR - and it feels great to know that I am only getting better!

Was going to train today, even though its rest day at CFFB (I didnt train Monday), but my boss is taking me to lunch, and there's a team dinner tonight so there is no time. Its my last day at my current job! I am moving onto bigger and better things next week!

I have also been looking into joining an affiliate, since I am going to have more money and more time - due to less travel. I have also found a couple of gyms in the city that have bumpers and stuff and I wouldnt have to follow box programing.....not that the programs are bad, I just think that my goals are different than those of others, and that I may want/need to do my own thing. I'll keep ya'll posted.

The rugby thing is up in the air as well. Its turning out to be more of a time commitment than I expected, or could handle...couple that with my shoulder injury, and I may not be able to finish the season! My worry is that, since I have missed so much lately due to ciurcumstances out of my control, that I cant keep up...this was illustrated when I got knocked senseless a couple of weeks ago...I dont want to put myself at unessecary risk!). I will see, but the next three weeks, there is too much to do around my house that I will not make it out at all!! Hopefully something can be worked out.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #498
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Congrats on the new job. I hope it all works out for you.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #499
Jason A Smith

Profile:

Congrats on the new job Milt. Given the fact that we lead parallel lives you wouldn't happen to be an engineer as well ? I understand about the time commitment on playing as well. I may give up on hockey this year as I think I may make a run at making it to regionals this year and would like some steady training and diet. Best of luck on the new job, good for you ! Oh, I registered for a competition in Saskatoon on Sept. 9/10 as well, should be a blast.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:09 PM   #500
Milton Brisson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
Congrats on the new job. I hope it all works out for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A Smith View Post
Congrats on the new job Milt. Given the fact that we lead parallel lives you wouldn't happen to be an engineer as well?...
Thanks guys! I am using this opportunity as a chance to reset on the linear progression of life! Jason, no, I am not an engineer.....I am an engineering technologist! I work as a Project Manager, my new job is in the environmental field. Pretty close to what you do......weird!

So, here is my post for the day...more of a rant really...

Ugh!!! Another day of no training! Partied a little too hard last night, and sabotaged my day! Going to get back to it tomorrow….

My training has really been derailed in the past few weeks! I am only working out sporadically and my nutrition is crap! I need a big turn-around, so since there is no time for rugby anymore, I am going to go to the ASWoDs on CFFB and do a 5 week reset, then follow the linear progression until I stall. My plan is, at the end of the reset to be reppin out my current maxes for 3x5 or 1x5(on the DL). Before the end of September, I am also going to do a Crossfit Total – and its going to be 1000#!!! I will squat 385, press 190 and dead lift 425 (or more…).

After that, I am going to really work on getting the weight down. By the end of October, I will be sub-220 for the first time since high school! Its time to really get serious about this, and start taking down some of the goals I set at the start of the year.

Consistency throughout the year was a goal, and I feel like I have been good with that. I have put my time in at the gym, but now I am going to start optimizing that time. And I am working out the plan.

It will start and end with nutrition, when I am training and eating well, I feel unstoppable! When I get off the tracks in the kitchen, training and sleep start to suffer as well. Eating well for someone as busy as I is all about planning, so I will be setting meal plans every week – my whole family will benefit.

Also, I am going to join a different gym. I found a place in Calgary, called Bells of Steel, great place with bumpers, kettle bells, prowlers, yokes, sleds etc… it’s a strong man gym in Calgary. Its only $50/month – its across the city for me, so I will be able to work out there 2-3 times a week, so I will keep my Goodlife membership as well. That will be less than $100/month, give me better stuff to work with, and I will be able to follow the program I choose.

I am not happy about being this far from where I want to be, but I’m glad my frustration finally moved me to make the changes I should have made a while ago.

Jason, like you, I believe that I have a run at regionals in me (maybe 2013 moreso than 2012...). I am going to make that a long-term goal of mine, need to shoot for the stars right!