CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 05-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #11
Bob Butz

Profile:
Re: Prowler suggestions?

Looked at all these when I was shopping around for a hi/lo push/pull sled and ended up with the Butcher. Love the service and quality of the products at CFF, but the skids on their hi/lo sled are pretty narrow. I push half the time over grass and was turned off from the CFF hi/lo sled by all the feedback that says their narrow skids make it really dig into the turf. Sudden jarring stops while pushing a sled isn't fun or productive at all. That said, even the Butcher, with 6-inch skids, digs into the turf if the grass you're pushing over isn't totally even.

Haven't noticed much damage to the driveway when pushing over asphalt--just scrapes here and there. Another nice thing about The Butcher is that it breaks down fast and is very portable.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #12
James Orr

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Rask View Post
Which one? The econo or butcher?
Geez, last night wasn't the best for me! End of the semester in grad school right now...

I MEANT to say that I'd buy the Butcher.

Last edited by James Orr : 05-06-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #13
Travis Rask

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Butz View Post
Looked at all these when I was shopping around for a hi/lo push/pull sled and ended up with the Butcher. Love the service and quality of the products at CFF, but the skids on their hi/lo sled are pretty narrow. I push half the time over grass and was turned off from the CFF hi/lo sled by all the feedback that says their narrow skids make it really dig into the turf. Sudden jarring stops while pushing a sled isn't fun or productive at all. That said, even the Butcher, with 6-inch skids, digs into the turf if the grass you're pushing over isn't totally even.

Haven't noticed much damage to the driveway when pushing over asphalt--just scrapes here and there. Another nice thing about The Butcher is that it breaks down fast and is very portable.
Yeah, I wasn't even considering the CFF prowler for that reason. The skids look pretty narrow, and it looks flimsier than the other products to me. The EliteFTS prowler has narrow ski's as well, but it does have replacements.

Pretty sure I'm going to go with the butcher. I'd love to get the Prowler 2 from EliteFTS, but for 500+ it's a little steep for me, but damn it looks like a beast. If I wasn't planning on buying a GHD down the road I'd probably get that one.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:01 AM   #14
Robert Fabsik

Profile:

I have an Econo Prowler. It is stable, easy to put away by leaning on a garage wall and taking out the two posts. I've used it on grass and asphault. Grass much tougher, and if the field has little hills or bumps it might get stuck for a second. On ashphault makes a sound but not clear damage to the driveway and moves pretty fast but still kicks your butt.

It's a fun and simple conditioning tool, especially if you are pressed for time.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:15 PM   #15
Aaron Gainer

Profile:

Im considering one as well. Anyone know the rogue sled's dimensions? Also are the top posts removable(needs to fit in the backseat of a small car)?

Last edited by Aaron Gainer : 05-08-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:20 AM   #16
Noah Alkinburgh

Profile:

Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that we do now have replaceable feet available for our econo prowler. You can take a look at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Weight...54143331312414

Kelly designed these specifically for our sleds but they will probably work for others. You can order direct from CFF or from Kelly. These pads will probably still be around after the end of the world they are just that tough. I know they are using our sleds with these feet pads for the Metro Dash.

Noah
Old 06-08-2011, 04:31 PM   #17
Patrick Skinner

Profile:

I just got the Butcher. It works fine on grass or pavement. Just wondering if there is a way to protect the skis when using on pavement? It seems to tear up the skis a bit.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #18
Aaron Gainer

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Skinner View Post
I just got the Butcher. It works fine on grass or pavement. Just wondering if there is a way to protect the skis when using on pavement? It seems to tear up the skis a bit.
My sled is about the same thickness as the butcher's ski's and hasn't shown much wear at alll beyond the paint coming off after years of use. Love my Butcher!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2011, 11:41 PM   #19
Kevin Bean

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Alkinburgh View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that we do now have replaceable feet available for our econo prowler. You can take a look at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Weight...54143331312414

Kelly designed these specifically for our sleds but they will probably work for others. You can order direct from CFF or from Kelly. These pads will probably still be around after the end of the world they are just that tough. I know they are using our sleds with these feet pads for the Metro Dash.

Noah
How about bolt on bigger skis? mine are miserable in grass
Old 06-09-2011, 06:31 AM   #20
Gus Patino

Profile:

I have this one. I am very happy with it.

http://www.strengthsled.com/about_us_page.html (WFS)