CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 09-29-2014, 11:03 AM   #361
Clint Harris

Profile:
Re: Have we all seen this yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Beltran View Post
Why aren't there replays of the Quarterfinals 2+4 anywhere to be found? It's annoying me a little!
I hear ya. Those 2 quarters, the semis and the finals are on NBC Sports Live Extra. Unless you watch it live, you'll have to see it on delayed viewership in a week or 2. For me, I have access to that site but I just don't care enough to watch at a specific time - it's not big enough for me to watch live (especially since it takes so long), or, insulate myself from the world for a few days prior to me watching the big game.
It is much better for me to view on youtube, at my lesisure, and before I know the results. No idea how this translates to viewership outside the US. Probably tuff do-do.

In my opinion. The TV coverage is another fail. I'm trying to like it .... but it's like they are trying to make me not watch it......
Old 09-30-2014, 01:32 AM   #362
Chris Jones

Profile:

I havent seen any of the tv coverage, but friends who have said it was semi hard to follow and a little all over the place.

I have to say though, several of us from our box went and saw the Charlotte event live and it was pretty cool. I had a buddy explain what the flags and challenges were about, and from there it was really entertaining to watch. The scoreboards kept up with the athletes, we were sitting on the end of the rig so we could see both teams competing at the same time, and it was all pretty easy to follow. They also did meet and greets after, and everybody was super nice.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:58 AM   #363
Mario Beltran

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Harris View Post
I hear ya. Those 2 quarters, the semis and the finals are on NBC Sports Live Extra. Unless you watch it live, you'll have to see it on delayed viewership in a week or 2. For me, I have access to that site but I just don't care enough to watch at a specific time - it's not big enough for me to watch live (especially since it takes so long), or, insulate myself from the world for a few days prior to me watching the big game.
It is much better for me to view on youtube, at my lesisure, and before I know the results. No idea how this translates to viewership outside the US. Probably tuff do-do.

In my opinion. The TV coverage is another fail. I'm trying to like it .... but it's like they are trying to make me not watch it......
I haven't found anything on NBC Sports, so no possibility on that way from here in Germany I guess.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:00 AM   #364
Michael Cook

Profile:

All of the quarterfinal matches are on youtube now. Each race is its own upload, so you can watch the whole match pretty quickly.

I think that they should change the rule about subbing so that you have to go back to the starting line to sub out, instead of having the next person on the grid ready to start.

In the NY vs Phoenix quarterfinal, one of the quadrants had 70 c2b. NY did it with Annie Thorisdottir doing 20 and Irving Hernandez doing 50. They finished maybe 1 or 2 reps faster than Phoenix, who broke up the 70 C2B between 4 people, because while 1 person was on the pull up bar, the next person was on the next pull up bar ready to go as soon as the other one stopped.

If you had to run back to the start line to tag your teammate to sub, then a team who could do the 70 c2b in 2 sets would have a significant advantage over a team that had to break it up in more sets.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:42 PM   #365
Corey Tomala

Profile:

Went to the finals last night. Definitely found it far more entertaining then watching on YouTube. Looked like it was going to be a DC Brawler beat down after they took the first 3 matches, but San Fran came back and it was pretty close down to the end. Almost ended in a tie (which is apparently called Gridlock, haha)

Couple things I noticed:

1. Friend I went with is pretty new to Crossfit and she seemed to find it more entertaining then I did from a 'holy crap how are they doing that stuff' perspective. Guess that could be good for the sport expanding. Only one person's point of view though.

2. The announcing of each event at the venue needs to be a little better. They did a good job of trying to get the crowd into it.

3. Klokov was there and did a thruster ladder during one of the breaks. Started at like 185 or something and finished at 385. Stupid strong. All in under 3 minutes. Crowd loved the whole thing and the ladder is definitely a favorite of the

4. Would be great if they could figure out a way to incorporate different for the teams to compete like sled pulls, drags. Running would be great, but when they did the 'suicide sprints' it was either more of people jogging or they would switch out the person everytime they came back. Forcing one person to do the whole thing I think would make a big difference.

5. When one teams wins a race I think you should just call it and be done. Waiting for the other one to finish has like zero drama because both teams would always finish way underneath the time cap (don't know if this happened throughout the season for other teams though) and so you were just waiting for them to get done to go to the next match.

Heard that they already have plans for season 2 and matches, etc scheduled. Should be interesting to see what comes up next.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:54 PM   #366
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

I believe Klokov started with 115kg which is about 253#.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:21 PM   #367
Chris Jones

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Tomala View Post
4. Would be great if they could figure out a way to incorporate different for the teams to compete like sled pulls, drags.
The quarter-finals(i think) that i saw live, had HEAVY farmer carries the length of the grid. One teams guy carried it the whole length without sitting it down, the opposing teams guy broke several times and was almost crippled by the time he got across to the finish.

Its good to see though in a way, makes you better understand how heavy a 500+ pound farmers carry really is, even for top level athletes.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:10 PM   #368
Snir Golan

Profile:

i enjoyed the last few races especially the SF Fire ones since they have my favorite athlete (Dancer) but i have to be honest, i simply don't see how they can possibly have another season. i watched every single match and every single one of them had pretty much an empty arena. even the quarter and semi finals were empty so i have no clue how they will make money (i doubt the money from the broadcasting is enough to cover costs without any revenue from ticket sales).
Old 10-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #369
David L Jones

Profile:

Did anyone happen to catch the finals on NBC (the main channel not NBC sports) in the middle of the day today? I actually found it fairly interesting to watch. I didn't care of the coverage of the initial events, but the finals coverage was much better and more entertaining.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:36 PM   #370
Christopher Morris

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Tomala View Post
3. Klokov was there and did a thruster ladder during one of the breaks. Started at like 185 or something and finished at 385. Stupid strong. All in under 3 minutes. Crowd loved the whole thing
Here is the video of Klokov on the thruster ladder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBssa6fLq88 (wfs)