CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 09-01-2014, 01:10 PM   #311
Cory House

Profile:
Re: Have we all seen this yet?

I have been happy with the changes in the races and some of the movements increasing in difficulty. I wasn't sure if the races changed week to week and I am happy they do. Still hopeful the league can continue to grow and stick around.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:36 PM   #312
Andrew Daggon

Profile:

Wa5hcing the Miami vs New York match, I hated the challenges, I thought it completely took you out of the moment and stopped the momentum. And they can nitpick any single rep and redo the entire race from that point. That's dumb. I understand a miss counted rep or something, but even that is one of those things you just let it go. I hope they get rid of them completely
Old 09-02-2014, 04:56 AM   #313
Mario Beltran

Profile:

LA lost because of a substitution fail against Phoenix. They were already so far in front...
Old 09-02-2014, 06:01 AM   #314
Jayme Gruber

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Daggon View Post
Wa5hcing the Miami vs New York match, I hated the challenges, I thought it completely took you out of the moment and stopped the momentum. And they can nitpick any single rep and redo the entire race from that point. That's dumb. I understand a miss counted rep or something, but even that is one of those things you just let it go. I hope they get rid of them completely
I thought the exact same thing. You can nitpick practically everything if you wanted to. They have judges, rely on them to get it right.

I love CF but I felt very disinterested in the whole Grid match. Don't think it's something I'll be checking in on very regularly at all.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:24 AM   #315
Snir Golan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayme Gruber View Post
I thought the exact same thing. You can nitpick practically everything if you wanted to. They have judges, rely on them to get it right.

I love CF but I felt very disinterested in the whole Grid match. Don't think it's something I'll be checking in on very regularly at all.
i am with you. i am a die hard CrossFit fan but after watching 3 or 4 Grid Matches, i don't think that i will be watching anymore. i don't even know if its the format, the speed, the actual events or what but the whole thing is just not doing it for me.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:43 AM   #316
Cory House

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Daggon View Post
I understand what you are saying about slowing down the flow of the match and it seemed that some challenges were happening very close together making it even slower. But some of the recent races came down to finishes within a second of each other and one no rep can make all the difference, especially when some of these matches are coming down to the final race. I think the challenge process is important and I am sure they will tweak it over time to make it move along faster and make it more fan friendly.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:55 AM   #317
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Soccer has flopps and Grid has flags.. I enjoy the slow down.. it lets me get a break from trying to follow so much in a short time. The smaller venue with more people was cool. LA match was the best yet..
Old 09-02-2014, 02:43 PM   #318
Dare Vodusek

Profile:

Whats the strategy of subbing female athlete in the last race in first quadrant and let her do 1 rep with that massive weights? Ive seen some teams did it and some not? L.A. lost a race because of that, didnt they?

Last edited by Dare Vodusek : 09-02-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:11 PM   #319
Cory House

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare Vodusek View Post
Whats the strategy of subbing female athlete in the last race in first quadrant and let her do 1 rep with that massive weights? Ive seen some teams did it and some not? L.A. lost a race because of that, didnt they?
I haven't quite figured that one out either, my only guess would be to save the male athlete if he needed to sub in for another heavier movement later in the race.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:27 PM   #320
Dare Vodusek

Profile:

That would make sense, but the male athletes did not look fatigued to me. Still, would not it be better to just put in some low profile male athlete instead of female, Lets be honest, those weights are really heavy for females, really.

Same for Noah, he was flying throw deficit handstands and got called back 1 rep to go, even he seemed surprised.

Very bad strategy decisions from LA coaches, really bad, imo.

Ok, and then the repeat, why putting Clever on handstands and not Noah?