CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 12-22-2010, 09:30 AM   #21
Tyler Brown

Profile:
Re: Tyler Brown Strength, Endurance, and Power Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Moore View Post
Tyler - where do you train?
Hey Ben,

Ha. It's a little complicated, but I'll have a steady location soon....

Home is Raymore/Lee's Summit, MO.

I own a home in Springfield, MO because I went to school there.

I'm currently living in Camdenton, MO in order to be with my fiance as I help her move out of her apartment.

I'm about to move to Boca Raton, FL in order to go to Fitness Institute International.... So, I'll have a permanent location soon. Boca Raton. However, I currently work out at Anytime Fitness in Camdenton, MO
Old 12-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #22
Tyler Brown

Profile:

12/22/10

Training:

Bench. Deload.

Crossfit:

75 pound Power snatch, 75 reps for time.

My time: 8:31. Pretty sad, but I'm very new to the movement.

Lower-body plyometrics

Run: work to 400m run in 1:09.

Nutrition: 2500kcals
Old 12-22-2010, 09:42 PM   #23
Ben Moore

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Brown View Post
Hey Ben,

Ha. It's a little complicated, but I'll have a steady location soon....

Home is Raymore/Lee's Summit, MO.

I own a home in Springfield, MO because I went to school there.

I'm currently living in Camdenton, MO in order to be with my fiance as I help her move out of her apartment.

I'm about to move to Boca Raton, FL in order to go to Fitness Institute International.... So, I'll have a permanent location soon. Boca Raton. However, I currently work out at Anytime Fitness in Camdenton, MO
Good stuff man - good luck with the move!
Old 01-09-2011, 08:52 AM   #24
Tyler Brown

Profile:

I know I've sucked at updating this, but it's because I'm just finishing my honeymoon.

Regardless, I've come to a resolution. Although I'm currently at the weakest I've been in a very long time, I'm going to compete in a powerlifting competition on June 18. This is going to mean that I'll have to add about 300 pounds to my 3-lift total (Bench, Dead, Squat). I know it sounds impossible, but I just need a challenge. I keep on pushing things off, but I've talked about this with my wife and decided to go for it.

I'll update more details later.... after my honeymoon is over. Ha.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:01 PM   #25
Tyler Brown

Profile:

I finished up my first 3-week cycle last week with success. It didnít take much to progress because I was so severely de-trained, but itís progress nonetheless.

Started at:

Bench: 230

Deadlift: 330

Squat: 280

Ended at:

Bench 245

Deadlift 345

Squat 295

So, I added 45 pounds to my total in these inaugural weeks. This progress needs to continue, and I think it will. Iím aiming to get to a 1200 total before my first powerlifting competition. This will be a Florida State record in their Raw powerlifting division.

http://www.florida-powerlifting.com

Also note that Iím not using any supportive equipment at all. No belt even. That will change, but I didnít have enough space to pack it to bring it to Florida with me. To make a long story short, Iíll be using it again by the time I start Cycle 3.

Adios and happy lifting, guys!

Final note: my bodyweight is still down at 162. Iím going to be putting on a pound a week until my competition, though. Iíll be in the 181lb class. I just want to add the weight in a very controlled fashion.

And the best part of this cycle was beating the highest number of rounds on January 12, 2011. Josh Everett got 9 rounds + 129m. I pulled out 10 rounds + 160m. I'm strong for my bodyweight and have endurance. I just fall behind when the exercises involve an arbitrary 135lbs for all weight classes. I'm not complaining, I'm just commenting on my weakness.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:35 PM   #26
Tyler Brown

Profile:

Monday - Squat Training

Today, I tried my hand at squatting again. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do this for quite some time due to gym restrictions. I had to either use Smith squats or leg press.

I worked up to a set of 265 for 5 reps. I'm fine with that for now. I'm excited to get the neural adaptations out of the way, though. Neural adaptations = fast strength gains.