CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 01-05-2011, 08:18 AM   #1
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:
O'Diesel!!!!! - JR O'Dell's Log

This is my new log. As I discussed in my previous log
(found here: http://board.crossfit.com/showthread...888#post886888 (WFS))
2010 was probably the worst year for me healthwise. The wheels fell of my diet, the wheels fell of my exercise regimen, I was injured, I quit rugby for a season, I gained a ton of weight on the scale, I gained a ton of inches in the waist and was generally unhappy and depressed most of the year. The only bright spot was the birth of my son. I gave the world new life while simulataneously sucking it from myself.

Well no more! I've started strict paleo, the results are good and I'm busting my arse in the gym. So I've created a new log because I want to leave the old one behind. The old one represents 2010 and a multitude of suck.

I also hated the name and named this one after a nickname they've given me at the gym.

Here's the workouts I've done so far this month:

Monday January 3, 2011 (Crossfit Exile)

3 minute squat hold
3 rds of Cindy
Every Minute on the Minute for 10 Minutes:
2 Box Squats (225/18" box)
4 rds of Cindy

Tuesday January 4, 2011 (Crossfit Exile)

Full Snatch 1x7, 1x5, 1x2 (135, 155, 165)
amrap 3 min/1 min rest x3
5 Power Clean (95)
10 Knees to Elbows
Rounds: 10 1/2
Old 01-06-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:
Re: O'Diesel!!!!! - JR O'Dell's Log

Ok so on January 17 I'm going in to have my tonsils and adnoids taken out. Anybody have any suggestions on what I should be eating? I want to stay paleo but my throat is going to be in bad shape and it's going to be hard to eat a lot of solid food.
Someone suggested pureed sweet potatoes with protein powder.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:19 AM   #3
Teresa McDermott

Profile:

Hi Jason, Not something fun for you to look forward to! I thought of bone broth soups as a good way for you to stay paleo and get maximum nutrition. And you could puree any veg and stock of your choice and even add cooked meats in for a good soup. And even fruit smoothies for treats. Hope it goes smoothly for you!
Old 01-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #4
Meghan Reid

Profile:

I second pureed sweet potatoes. You could bake them and puree them yourself or get the canned ones - I know Wegman's and Whole Foods sell them, they're not exactly cheap but they're pretty convenient. I mix about 1/3 cup with a scoop of vanilla ice cream ON whey for PWO when I'm doing the protein thing. it tastes delicious.

Others have done the same thing but added applesauce for additional flavor.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
Shannon Mullens

Profile:

I mean, if you don't care what they taste like, my parents used to make our baby food by taking whatever they ate as adults (veggies, meat, et al) and putting it through the blender. No reason you couldn't do that other than the actual bleh of blended steak. Seriously....
Old 01-06-2011, 02:05 PM   #6
Meghan Reid

Profile:

That just made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Which, I guess, is kind of what blended steak is when you really think about it.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:55 PM   #7
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

My affiliate owner suggested blended meat too. I just don't think that'll be happening though. lol.

The doctor did say I should try to eat solid food, just nothing jagged. "No chips" he said. Luckily I don't eat chips.

So I've been strict paleo for 5 days now. I've lost 8 pounds and such. But I'm just really drained of energy. And I just missed two days in a row of working out due to extreme soreness. So I haven't recovered fast enough.

My affiliate owner said I needed to stretch better and make sure to get my pwo shake in.

I'm staying strong but I'm having trouble! Luckily I've never been a sweets guy so I have no sweet tooth. It's more like an extreme carb craving. I want some mexican food or pizza. That just tells me it's all mental and if I can plug away for the rest of the week into next week I can beat it.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #8
Meghan Reid

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R O'Dell View Post
My affiliate owner suggested blended meat too. I just don't think that'll be happening though. lol.

The doctor did say I should try to eat solid food, just nothing jagged. "No chips" he said. Luckily I don't eat chips.

So I've been strict paleo for 5 days now. I've lost 8 pounds and such. But I'm just really drained of energy. And I just missed two days in a row of working out due to extreme soreness. So I haven't recovered fast enough.

My affiliate owner said I needed to stretch better and make sure to get my pwo shake in.

I'm staying strong but I'm having trouble! Luckily I've never been a sweets guy so I have no sweet tooth. It's more like an extreme carb craving. I want some mexican food or pizza. That just tells me it's all mental and if I can plug away for the rest of the week into next week I can beat it.
Eat more fat! And carbs. And protein. Yeah haha eat more of everything. The first two weeks are the hardest, I promise. I felt awesome all week but today I had a major sugar craving at 3pm. WTF? It sucked to sit there and eat almonds...AGAIN...while everyone in my office ate bread from Panera.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #9
Sara Thomas

Profile:

Not sure if I have any great ideas for your diet, but based on some of your symptoms (lack of energy, sore) combined with the strict paleo diet, I'm guessing you may not be drinking enough water.

To be fair though, that's my new instant remedy for any ailment. Headaches? Tired? Sore? Cranky? Bloated? Hungry? Drink water.

I like your new attitude, btw - shake off whatever happened last year, draw a line in the sand, and start over.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #10
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Yay! A new log.

Never had my tonsils out, but you're going to be fine. I know these things.