CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
Gabriel Avilla

Profile:
Online Class Sign-ups

So CrossFit Holloman (non-profit military affiliate) is official as of 2 Nov. Lots of planning went into this, and now we are on the eve of our first week of official classes. We went with the "sign up for slots in our limited morning class", which now leaves us with a waiting list three times as long as our capacity.

I've seen lots of boxes using mindbody, but as a non-profit we don't have the moolah to spend on a monthly fee on an on-line schedule system. Are there any free alternatives? I know we can do FB events, and then whoever signs up first come first serve will get a slot, but I'd like to use something off of our mainsite.

Anyone prefer the "first to show up gets to train" model? I would imagine the online system is what the kids like these days and is the most democratic(?) method. Any advice is appreciated.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
Luke Conner

Profile:
Re: Online Class Sign-ups

My suggestion would be to look for something that is not fitness related. There are likely systems that handle sign up for classes.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #3
Rich Case

Profile:

Gabrielle,

My friend just showed me this site vendor - http://obeytherhino.com/ (W/F/S). I've signed up (you get put on a waiting list but it is only so the owner Adam can talk to you before sending the web details) and integrated it into my site.

If you go to http://carrolltonkb.com/carrollton-kettlebell-schedule/ (W/F/S) you can see the schedule and sign up options, and that you do the sign up from within my url and not an external site (I like that too).

I'm just getting set up with them, and still learning but it is a web based program that integrates to mail chimp, payment processing, you can send letters or texts to your members, membership tracking, etc.

This company is just starting up and the pricing is free till you hit 20 members, and then starts to ramp up, and you can see the pricing options on the FAQ page. You can get more details if you contact him, but even at full price it is still much cheaper than Zen or MindBody.

So far with my limited use I'm very impressed, and I'd recommend at least giving him a contact. Adam has a CrossFit box up in Canada (I'm in Dallas) and really has a decent package that I think would be exactly what you're looking for.

Good luck, Happy Belated Veterans Day!

Rich
Old 11-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
Gabriel Avilla

Profile:

Thanks guys. I did look into some sort of free "business meeting" system, and I'm still looking. I'll check out the rhino and kbs sites to see what we can use. Because we are starting out small I think we can get away with some of the free trial programs and then figure out how to pay for larger plans when it becomes necessary.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #5
Bryan Hood

Profile:

This is the site I use for my box. http://www.rxgymsoftware.com/ (wfs). You can do the free site, with ads, or pay $15/month ad free. I've used them as my site for over a year now. Pay online bills, box website, sign up for classes and WOD result tracking. Check it out.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
Patrick Howell

Profile:

chechout the "appointy" calendar via a simple google search

The free version works pretty good.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:11 AM   #7
Rich Case

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Hood View Post
This is the site I use for my box. http://www.rxgymsoftware.com/ (wfs). You can do the free site, with ads, or pay $15/month ad free. I've used them as my site for over a year now. Pay online bills, box website, sign up for classes and WOD result tracking. Check it out.
Thanks for the reply Bryan, this looks like another great option. They've upped the paid option to 21.xx, but still a great deal. I really like the calendar with b-day integration and the way your site flips to mobile version automatically on my cell.