CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-14-2007, 12:19 AM   #1
Paul Martin

Profile:
Hey,

I'm an Australian guy fitting out his dream gym after saving for over a year.

I've just had the worst experience with buffalo sport and wanted to share it. I ordered a 4k Eleiko set from them. Training bumpers, and competition collars and bar.

That is what I ordered, but not what i got. I got a bar, seems ok but I can't use it yet, although it didn't have the brush it is meant to come with, my collars are a very old model, which I don't even understand, but to make things worse, they look second hand and have extreme corrosion on them. 2 of my bumpers are the new model of black bumper with colour writing, while the others are the old black bumpers with colour bands. From my impression, I was getting new stock. All my metal 5kg, 2.5kg and 1.25kg plates look corroded, have chipped paint and second hand.

Apart from the Elieko bar, which was covered in Eleiko plastic, all my other items had no plastic covering or eleiko packaging. I am very suspicious.

The cherry on the cake is they sent me an invoice for 4k$, rather than a receipt.

Very angry with them. Looking forward to talking to them monday about the giant stuff-up.

What I was hoping other people could inform me about is 'should' eleiko products have proper packaging?
Has anyone every received metal discs that look like they've done the rounds?

Thankyou

(Message edited by paulie on July 14, 2007)
Old 07-14-2007, 07:17 AM   #2
Paul MacManus

Profile:
wow.
My Eleiko powerlifting bar from buffalo came wrapped in bubblewrap and eleiko tape. condition was new. no brush but I didn't realise it was supposed to come with one.
I bought some rubber grip plates from them that all were new and packaged in cardboard.
They were very good with excellent service, even giving me two free 20kg plates to make up for confusion over plates not being uniform diameters.

I didn't order the Eleiko collars from Buffalo as the pricing was not something I could justify.
I just got some bumpers from Australian Barbell and am very happy with them, they are excellent quality and well worth the $$.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:52 AM   #3
Misael Lopez

Profile:
My Eleiko bumpers (ordered in the US) came in bumper size, white cardboard boxes. The lighter bumpers (5kg and 10kg) came 2 to a box. The heavier bumpers (15kg and 20kg) came 1 in a box. Inside the boxes the bumpers were wrapped in plastic and looked shining new.

I was on the verge of ordering some discs from Buffalo (same as you 1.25 - 5 kg), but will put that on hold for a lil' bit. In fact I might just pick em up in the US when I go on vacation in a couple weeks!
Old 07-16-2007, 01:15 AM   #4
Paul Martin

Profile:
http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1...rcollargv1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/9331/yourplatesnm5.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I emailed them, and their reply wasn't nearly good enough. Maybe I'm just picky, but i thought their customer service sucked. Those are some of the dodgey products I received. Going to send the whole kit back to them.

-Paul
Old 07-16-2007, 05:35 AM   #5
Paul MacManus

Profile:
I'd guess it's not that they are used but they have had them in stock for ages and they were not stored correctly.
My eleiko bar does rust easily. I have now sprayed with CRC and seems to keep the rust off now.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:13 AM   #6
Paul Martin

Profile:
After contacting them, they have agreed to send me the proper collars and the brush and allowing me to refund the rest without me paying for the return shipping.

I guess it's just an example that you have to be careful when not dealing face to face.