CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 12-18-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
Ralphie_Martinez

Profile:
Homemade sled(push+pull/slamball+my garage set up for now

I took today to make a slam ball and attached a few new things to my tire sled that i use with sprints. A little hard to describe how I made the tire you see in the pictures but I had took a tire I had found on the side of the road, cut a hole in the side of it and then stuck an old piece of post in the middle of it. When I got the piece in I tried drilling a hole through the piece of wood so I could put a bolt to place weights on while I pulled the "sled". When I had done so I couldn't get a hole all the way through and thought I would use a screwdriver to help punch the rest of the way but it got stuck so that is what I use instead of a bolt to put weight plates on . So as for the handles, today I went to Lowe's and got some simple pipe with threads at the end, elbowed them together then drilled holes at each of the side of the tire and fed them through. Slam ball very simple, pretty much a medicine ball homemade with a rope fed through and tired at each end. Both work and it only cost me about $35 for the pipes, everything else can be found just as I did and it was practically free. So check it out, I'm not the greatest when it comes to working with my hands but like I said it all works. Criticism and questions are welcomed. Also plan to make a homemade bulgarian bag from an innertube, bought the mulch today at lowe's as well.
Things I hope to get within the first 1/2 of 2011:
Bumpers
Squat Cage
GHD
Rings- hoping I can make them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	garage equipment 001 - Copy.jpg
Views:	3536
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	7329  Click image for larger version

Name:	garage equipment 012 - Copy.jpg