CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 08-20-2007, 01:25 PM   #1
Mike Groth

Profile:
New PR for max Pullups!

So I finally hit my goal of 20 kipping pullups on Saturday and Im stoked!!! I had to post here because this is another one of those only crossfitters get it type things.

My new goal is to get 30 but Im not sure what time frame I should give myself. Im 6'4" 240lbs and it took me 3 months to go from 0-20. What do you guys/girls think a good time to hit 30 would be?
Old 08-20-2007, 03:15 PM   #2
Veronica Carpenter

Profile:
Re: New PR for max Pullups!

good work Mike! Give yourself another month or so of consistent GTG and you'll get there.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:05 PM   #3
Scott Spencer

Profile:

yeah if you went from 0 to 20 in 3 months, you should be able to add another 10 in a month.

What was your workout plan to go from 0 to 20? GTG? It would be a good thread to hear how a guy your size did it.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:51 PM   #4
Alex Rosch

Profile:

Good for you!! That's awesome after just 3 months...if I didn't know how well CF works I'd say you're full of it!! it's amazing what the body can do.
At 240#, that's a feat too...I'm 220# and stuggle to crank out those last few to 20.
Keep it up...I think I'll be going a little GTG once I bring my rack (with PU bar) home...add in some ring PUs...
I can't wait!! I feel like a kid on x-mas eve (a kid that celibrates x-mas that is )
Old 08-22-2007, 03:46 PM   #5
Mike Groth

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Spencer View Post
yeah if you went from 0 to 20 in 3 months, you should be able to add another 10 in a month.

What was your workout plan to go from 0 to 20? GTG? It would be a good thread to hear how a guy your size did it.
My workout plan was basically just doing the CFWU and WOD. I want to get a pullup bar at home so I can start to do some GTG. When I started at Crossfit I couldnt do any pullups...so in the CFWU I would use the Woody bands. I started using the black band and when that got to the point where I could do 10 consistently I moved down to the green band, then the blue band and then started doing them unassisted. If the WOD was really pullup intense I would go back to the blue band. Now I can do all of the WODs as RX'd with regards to the pullups.

As soon as I can get a pullup bar at home I will keep you guys posted on how my numbers increase when I start greasing the groove.