CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 03-04-2006, 12:42 AM   #1
Steven Nedorolik

Profile:
I wouldn't really consider clothing "equipment", but not sure where else this should go...

Since my time on Crossfit, I've come to realize something. I need shorter shorts. As cool as knee length shorts look, they literally get in the way on lifts.
On deadlifts, I've torn up my forearms from dragging across the rough material. It feels much better to slide on sweaty skin.

During squats, the material catches on my knee. It doesn't really restrict any ROM, but the tension of the material is enough to distract me.

Anyone else notice this?? am I just paranoid; obsessive/ compulsive?
Now, by no means will I be sporting a speedo or full split running shorts, but definately looking for more mid-thigh shorts.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:56 AM   #2
William Hunter

Profile:
Steven, I made this adjustment myself. I use the baggy shorts for just chillin with the homies (man am I a dork).

However, don't go too short. You don't want to look like some reject from a cheesy 1970's rollerskating flick.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:01 AM   #3
Shawn Casey

Profile:
This use to happen to me too. I get the shorts that that have the underwear in them, like swim trunks kinda, or running trunks, army PT trunks. So what if you look like a dork, it's for training. Just don't go for Marine PT shorts. Don't mean to **** off any Marines, but god those are short. Your workout buddy might see more than he wants to.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:43 PM   #4
John Seiler

Profile:
Steven,
I'm with you brother. I've caught my fair share of grief for shorter/tighter shorts ('course that's been tempered by ladies complimenting me on my legs :biggrin: -I hope that's the emoticon for "cheesy smile"). Interesting that most people who don't get it don't squat either.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:29 AM   #5
Bryan McWilliams

Profile:
Champion brand cotton shorts t Dick's.

all cotton, thigh length, elastic/drawstring waistband.

Old school and cheap..about 8 bucks.

I also like to wear underarmor shorts under my champions. I avoid any unplanned peak shows, and the underarmor is slippery..nothing catches on it..

Underarmor stuff is crazy expensive, but you can get by with 2 pair. Wash them out in the post workout shower. They dry quickly/