CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
Joshua Gritton

Profile:
Non- Affiliate Teams, how do I start one?

Any pointers or rules pertaining to this aside from the whole copyright infringement?
Old 01-20-2011, 09:23 AM   #2
Rebecca Roth

Profile:
Re: Non- Affiliate Teams, how do I start one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Gritton View Post
Any pointers or rules pertaining to this aside from the whole copyright infringement?
Are you saying you are trying to open a non-affiliated gym? or what do you mean by "team"? Team for what?
Old 01-20-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
Joshua Gritton

Profile:

Just some guys in my platoon I am starting to get to work out with me. Not a gym because that would be infringement just a group of people doing WOD's. But last I remembered not affiliate teams can apply to compete at the Team regionals and such, has that changed?
Old 01-20-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Gritton View Post
Just some guys in my platoon I am starting to get to work out with me. Not a gym because that would be infringement just a group of people doing WOD's. But last I remembered not affiliate teams can apply to compete at the Team regionals and such, has that changed?
No need to be affiliated in order to compete at the CF Games. However this year your entire team will have to qualify as individuals at sectionals before you can compete as a team.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:29 PM   #5
Joshua Gritton

Profile:

Cool deal just means i have to push the guys to work that much harder to be able to think about competing any time soon.