CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 08-12-2005, 08:42 PM   #1
Jef Geller

Profile:  
Is there an easy way to download all the WOD posts that I have made over several months? What I want to do is create a personalized logbook of just my WOD posts. If this doesn't exist, it sure would be a nice feature...

Thanks
Old 08-12-2005, 11:06 PM   #2
Eric Cimrhanzel

Profile:
Jef,

I actually thought about that, too. I had to actually go back to each WOD and find my posts, then Copy/Paste them into Notepad.

It is tedious at first, but I am REALLY glad that I did it now.

Each day, I post my times and comments in both my own Notepad log and CrossFit's log. The CF one allows me to match up my times against the best on here. My own log allows me to match my current self against my past self.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:26 AM   #3
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Every day I cut and paste the WOD into a Word document titled "Crossfit WOD 2005". I put a rest day and 3 workouts on a page. I usually just print the current page and take it with me to workout. I enter PR's in red. I could search for specific workouts or former pr's. This is fast, easy, and keeps me on track!
Old 08-13-2005, 12:15 PM   #4
Chuck Pelowski

Profile:
You could always write (or have a nerdy friend write) a little Perl bot to get all of your posts for you and keep you up to date. Don't ask me though, I suck at it.

-Chuck
Old 08-13-2005, 02:29 PM   #5
Jason Steele

Profile:
Or you could keep a training journal that you can write all your other information, like diet or how freaking sore you are after one of the girls, etc. That's what I do. It's good to do because you have that hard copy (or maybe I am just nostalgic...)

Buck
Old 08-14-2005, 12:40 PM   #6
Alexander Karatis

Profile:
I'm still waiting for the tech wiz who'll make the first open source Global WOD-Tracker.

What it does is have a registered base of users who post their results for each respective WOD, and have the ability to view some cool stats and graphs of their performance. An early build could simply be a simple text-based page of raw-data that you can feed into excel and make your own pivot tables and graphs.

HQ would have the special ability to make a macro analysis of all registered users-a feature with some possible value for Coach, and a definite good advertisment for CF.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:13 AM   #7
Eric Cimrhanzel

Profile:
Larry,

That is a great idea. I now use a running Word doc (actually an OpenOffice.org doc. GREAT free program), so that I can now highlight both PRs and the Girls whenever either come up in my training or the WOD.

Thanks.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:17 AM   #8
Kevin Murphy

Profile:  
I created a little database application in MS Access to track my workouts.

The data table has a field for date, a check box to indicate whether or not the WO is a Crossfit WOD, a field for the Crossfit WOD's name (if appl.), a memo box for the workout description, a field for the workout time (time taken not time of day), a memo box for my comments/weights/modifications/excuses and a field to enter the "compare to" date (if appl.)

I created a data entry form so workouts could be entered and viewed one at a time.

I also created a report that can be used to compare the named workouts. When I run the report it prompts me to select a Crossfit WOD name and then displays every instance of that WO that I've done allowing me to compare times/comments for improvement or backsliding. I haven't been doing crossfit very long so this feature isn't as useful now as it will become later.

It was pretty simple to do and didn't take very long.

As soon as I finish the WOD I go to crossfit.com to enter my comments and then copy what I've entered there into the comments section of my database. I also copy and paste the WOD description directly from the website to my database. Then I fill out the rest of the fields manually and I'm done.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:30 AM   #9
Allen Yeh

Profile:
I personally have a small notebook (index card size) and I always carry it with me when i hit the gym and note what i did that day for example:

xfit warmup sub dips with pushups
WOD 050814
for time 21-15-9
Squats cleans and dips x3

I guess I could put these into an excel worksheet hm...something to do when bored at work. heh
Old 08-17-2005, 03:32 PM   #10
Sebastian Montgomery

Profile:

I have a LiveJournal blog for all my CrossFit workouts. It's nice because I can keep track of it online, with easy access to a calendar to find specific WOs