CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 06-16-2007, 11:41 AM   #1
Barney Ring

Profile:
On a workout like Elizabeth I find most of my time being spent doing the cleans. The biggest problem is resetting after each one. I can't seem to figure out how to do the cleans in quick succession. What is the trick? if any.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:08 PM   #2
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
How are you lowering the bar? If you have your elbows by your sides and do what amounts to a reverse curl descent of the bar, you have will have a difficult time getting your body into position quickly for another clean. You know how Coach Burgner is always barking about elbows high and outside on that third pull where you explosively jump under the bar? Minus the jump of course try rotating your elbows up over the top of the bar after you pop it off your shoulders and as your arms are going straight you bend your legs to help absorb the weight. You will now be at the top of second pull position where you can immediately reverse direction and start another clean.