CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 10-04-2005, 05:47 AM   #1
Mark Mueller

Profile:
I haven't checked into the Crossfit webpage for awhile....been up in Canada for a month canoeing and backpacking.

I was suprised to find the links for particular political viewpoints being posted in the WOD.

I gotta admit I am kind of disappointed. I understand that it is the Coach's website and it is his right to express his views but I always felt that this was a "fitness" oriented site who's only agenda was to promote a fitness lifestyle that worked.

From most of my experience anytime you start interjecting politics/religion into the mix you start to polarize people rather than bring them together.

Anyway, I have a good archive of workouts and I have enjoyed reading many of the fitness discussions....thanks for all the input.

Old 10-04-2005, 07:16 AM   #2
Troy Archie

Profile:
Yeah it's been getting out of hand with a little bit of stupidity lately, although Coach, Lauren and the other mods are trying to nip it at the bud when it starts.

Where aboots in Canada were you?
Old 10-04-2005, 10:34 AM   #3
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Troy, I think Mark is referring to links posted on the homepage with some of the WOD's. Mark, you don't have to follow the links or read the articles. I happen to enjoy them, I think most of the links appeal to the "warrior" clientele. There is no editorial comment, so you could take them or leave them. If your implying your no longer going to participate in the WOD because of web site postings, odd, but good luck to you.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:09 AM   #4
Troy Archie

Profile:
Ahh yes, I stand corrected...
Old 10-04-2005, 02:41 PM   #5
Ted Williams

Profile:
Although I really don't like the "warrior" moniker..especially since its used as a marketing tool now more than ever, I'd say that I am not really into the political stuff.

As a light hearted devil's advocate...I've seen the political and religious discussion really polarize communities like this before, myself. I think the reason people like me make comments that I could do without the political links is because we do feel part of the community. When someone in your community says something that you might have a different viewpoint on, well...you have to say your piece. Either that, or you aren't really a participating part of the community. That, in fact, is why I don't like religious or political things on boards like this.

That said, I love the WODs, and wouldn't stop doing them...
Old 10-04-2005, 03:59 PM   #6
Troy Archie

Profile:
When it comes to politics and religion there is no fact, only opinion.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:39 PM   #7
Tim Johnson

Profile:
Like I said earlier:
The political postings are actually a violation of the Crossfit messge board acceptable use policy, "
This forum is not your personal soap-box for advancing whatever personal agenda or vendetta you may be on."
Old 10-04-2005, 06:54 PM   #8
Lynne Pitts

Profile:
You said it already, and you are still wrong. A) The WOD comments are not the messageboard, and B) the whole site *IS* the Glassman's personal soap-box. They provide the site and all the information freely and we are all guests in their house.

We don't (and won't) discuss politics here on the board, but the Glassmans can post whatever they want. I trust you would want the same privilege on your own website.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:14 AM   #9
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Ted, when I used warrior I meant it literally, as in military personnel not as in "rainbow warrior" or some other, wrong IMO, usage. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, etc. are warriors, guys doing yoga, half naked, in a warm room...are not.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:13 AM   #10
Ted Williams

Profile:
Hey, I take personal offense at that! And I was totally nude!!!

:proud: