CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 07:24 PM   #71
Joseph Hart

Profile:
I think this is first time that I have pushed the rules. It does answer the question. You as the MOD feel that the video was not WFS. Personaly I don't have a problem with the music. I can turn it down or off. I didn't like the dual standard that we have to be WFS on a website that could possibly be non-WFS. That is all.

Old 04-29-2007, 07:30 PM   #72
Lynne Pitts

Profile:
Nope; I didn't even check the video. I as the MOD don't like people pushing the rules. They're clear. On the message board, you post what it's about, and if it's work or family safe or not, or the link gets deleted. Newbies get a friendly warning. Old heads trying to push the rules don't.

Old 04-29-2007, 07:36 PM   #73
Joseph Hart

Profile:
I stand corrected. I guess it is still up for debate. The way I look at it is that if I can't watch the video with my Mom and she is pretty thick skinned then it should atleast have a warning. Just like we do here on the forum.

Old 04-29-2007, 07:50 PM   #74
Kevin Burns

Profile:
That's exactly the point i'm trying to make. Common courtesy should state that if we as the community are required to abide by certain rules than the articles/links/videos should at least abide by the same set of rules.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:40 PM   #75
Becca Borawski

Profile:
It's really not appropriate (i.e. it's pretty uncool) to harrass Lynne about the forum rules. It's her job to enforce them not rewrite them.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:45 PM   #76
Kevin Burns

Profile:
Sorry if it was taken that way. I agree with the forum rules and don't think they should be rewritten but as you can see from the majority of the people on here that the same rules should apply to videos with inappropriate language. Just makes sense to me. No ill will meant.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:46 PM   #77
Bill Russell

Profile:
Joseph.

Becca is right. Don't pick on Lynne or you will go from Senior Member to Dead Squat Clean Snatch:gunsmilie:

I AM funny!!

Old 04-29-2007, 10:43 PM   #78
Yael Grauer

Profile:
I'm with Jeff, Becca, et. al. If you are concerned the vid music might not be w/fs, don't play it at work or around your family. It's that easy.

Tony's videos are amazing. There are multiple angles, some really tight editing, excellent suggestions and he keeps them coming! I am thrilled with his videos and my increased understanding, and I feel that the infinite usefullness of the information in them would more than make up for any music I was offended by (though honestly I haven't been offended... probably because I lower the volume if I don't like what's being played.)

I listen to a lot of music I don't agree with politically because I like the sound... if anybody knows of any conservative folk music please send suggestions my way.

I'd also love to know which of you have cable. Just sayin'.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:55 AM   #79
Lynne Pitts

Profile:
Thanks for the suppport; actually, though, it IS my job to make (for the most part) as well as enforce the forum rules. What I DON'T have any influence on is the main site rules.

And as ANOTHER reminder to those who are still confused (Joseph) you don't have to limit links that are posted here to WFS; you simply have to indicate their status. That way people have an informed choice, and don't have to see anything they don't want to or that would get them in trouble at work, etc.

But in any case, it's not cool to harass me! :msn-wink:

Old 04-30-2007, 05:52 AM   #80
Barry Cooper

Profile:
Yael,

Conservative folk music is called country. George Strait's new album is really good. I'm wearing it out.b

Closed Thread