CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 04-05-2006, 10:13 PM   #1
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Wednesday 060405

"Elizabeth"

21-15-9 reps of:
Clean 135 pounds
Ring dips

substitutions = regular dips for ring dips (3:1 ratio)
time = 17:58

At 63-45-27, that was a whole lotta dips!!!!!!! I REALLY need those rings!! Was definitely feeling the burning in the erectors from yesterdays deadlifts. much anticipation for the rest day!
Old 04-08-2006, 10:27 AM   #2
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Friday 060407

"Grace"

135 pound Clean and Jerk, 30 reps

Use 95 pounds, 65 pounds or broomstick as needed and post time and load to comments.

substitutes = none
time = 6:09

i used the prescribed 135 lbs. i'm not sure i'm going deep enough into a squat when i'm catching my cleans, so i may have to get around to posting a video to the coaching section. either that or i'll get it fixed up at the USAW club coach course i'm going to in a couple weeks. i'm curious to see if my form is right on, or if i need to get lower, and how this may affect my time. other than that the workout went well. did the CFWU 2 times through prior to beginning. I can definitely feel the cumulative effect of the hammering of the traps lately!!
Old 04-08-2006, 10:33 PM   #3
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Saturday 060408

"Nancy"

5 rounds for time of:
400 meter run
95 pound Overhead squat, 15 reps

substitutions= 75 lb overhead squat
time = 16:42

comments - subbed 75 lbs for the overhead squats because i still feel a little shaky with the form on them. i didn't want the form to get loose while doing 15 reps and gasping for air!!! They went well, however, and i felt more confident than ever before doing them. Next time i'll do the prescribed 95 lbs.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:37 PM   #4
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Sunday 060408

"Cindy"
Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Squats

OR

"Mary"
Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
5 Handstand Push-ups
10 One legged squats, alternating
15 Pull-ups

I chose "cindy"
substitutions = none
rounds = 21

comments - i chose "cindy" for two reasons. one, because i can't yet pull off the single leg squats, and two, because i wanted to see what kind of progress i have made with "cindy". i have done cindy twice, but both times were before i made the committment to do crossfit only. i was previously doing one crossfit workout on occasion with my bodybuilding splits. first time doing cindy rendered just over 15 rounds. second time nabbed me almost 19 and today was 21!! it's amazing to see and feel the difference that this training has made!!!!
looking forward to the upcoming rest day!!
Old 04-11-2006, 09:33 PM   #5
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Tuesday 060411

Run 10 K

subs = none
time = 56:23

The beauty of this workout is that there is not one single crossfit workout that sucks more than this one!!! I've checked all the archives and this takes the cake by far!! I actually feel worse for having ran 10k. First off, this is the farthest i have ever run at one time in my entire life...by 5k.
I do think i can do better, though. It was pouring rain in sacramento with wind that made me feel as if i wasn't even moving. I felt ok until the last mile. At that point my shin splints were killing me, my back was in a lot of pain, and my right soleus was so tight that i could no longer push off of my right toe. i knew there were reasons i never ran further than 5k!!! on a positive note...at the 5k point, i was at 23 minutes, which was a 3:40 improvement over my best 5k time.

Looking forward to Linda tomorrow. Since i started crossfit, it is the one workout i've wanted to do over all others.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:06 PM   #6
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Wednesday 0600412
"Linda"

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of the triplet:

Deadlift: 1 1/2 body weight
Bench press: body weight
Clean: 3/4 body weight

Set up three bars and storm through for time.

BW = 184.5 lbs
Deadlift - 280 lbs
Bench Press - 185 lbs
Clean - 140 lbs

No subs
Time = 26:59

This was one BRUTAL workout...but still not nearly as bad as the damn 10k yesterday!!! I kept reading about how bad this one is, so i was a little nervous before starting. Ended up being ok. I don't think i've ever sweated so much in my life!! First 4 rounds. i thought i was going to die, but after that i started gaining speed. I wasn't sure what to expect for a time, being that i have never done it before, so i said to myself, "try for under 30". Halfway through i had a lot of doubts that it would happen, but it all worked out alright.

I was really feeling the aches and pains from yesterday during this workout. My right soleus is in a lot of pain which is preventing me from pushing off my toes, and my left hip is killing me. No more distance running!!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 11:34 PM   #7
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Thursday 060413

Run 5 K

time = 25:27

I could barely contain my excitement to see another running WOD!! (note that was pure sarcasm) I went to the track and begrudgingly did my best on the 5k. Good news was that it wasn't raining, which has been extremely rare lately. bad news was that the injury to my right soleus sustained during the 10k was still there in full force. it probably cost me a little time and made for a funny looking gait, but i know a healthy two legs will serve me better next time!!

looking forward to a well deserved rest day tomorrow!!!
Old 04-15-2006, 09:56 PM   #8
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Saturday 060415

Five rounds for time of:
25 Inverted Burpees
25 Pull-ups
25 Burpees

substitutions = none
time = a ghastly 1 hour, 19 minutes and 11 seconds

i think that the difficulty of this particular WOD has been well documented throughout the comments section and at various places on this board, so i will just say that i feel the same as most of you. Very, very diffficult!!!!

my time was extremely pathetic, but i was very proud to have finished. i really wanted to quit after round 3, but knowing that so many of you are out there kicking *** and finishing it, kept me going. that's one thing that i love about the crossfit community...nobody takes the easy (and less productive) way out. i would feel guilty not finishing, so i kept at it no matter what the stopwatch was reading.

the first 2 rounds went ok and i had them out in about 24 minutes. the end of round 3 took me to 37 minutes and it got ugly from there. i had to take breaks here and there that lasted about 3 minutes each...i was just too damn dizzy and couldn't get air!!! on each set i did a couple of reps of handstands with the push-up for extra practice. I never thought the day would come that i would look forward to a set of 25 pull-ups as the "easy" part!! i learned my lesson...expect the unexpected!!

Looking forward to some front squats tomorrow!!!

A happy holiday to all!!!!!
Old 04-16-2006, 07:15 AM   #9
Mark Garcia

Profile:
Looking good Jeremy. How much do you weigh?
Old 04-16-2006, 01:11 PM   #10
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Thank you Mark!!

I weigh about 185 lbs. at 5'11.5" I wouldn't at all mind gaining about 10-15 lbs, though, as that is the weight i am most comfortable at.