CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 05-09-2006, 02:03 PM   #1
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Tuesday 060509
"Cindy"
Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Squats

OR

"Mary"
Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
5 Handstand Push-ups
10 One legged squats, alternating
15 Pull-ups

I chose Cindy, but hopefully that will soon change as i work on the single leg squats!!

WU = 3 rounds of samson stretch 30 sec., 20 ab-mat sit-ups, 20 back extensions

rounds = 21 +5 pull ups,+10 push ups,+11 squats

This beat my previous best by the extras (previous best was an even 21 rounds), so i was happy with that. I really don't know how much more i can extract out of this one. My plan may be to start working hard on the 1 leg squats and/or invest in a weight vest and start doing cindy with an extra 20 lbs. I'm leaning toward the vest, but my wallet may not agree!!! I spent about 20 minutes afterwards on handstand practice...which is finally starting to show some improvements.

Anthony - Yeah, 410 surprised me a bit also!! We haven't had an ME deadlift day since i started crossfit, so the only times i've pulled was as a part of Linda and as a part of 21-15-9 (225 lbs) with HSPUs. I'm gonna have to work extremely hard while you recover if i hope to make any dent in some of your achievements!!!! Do get well soon, though!
Old 05-10-2006, 08:59 PM   #2
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Wednesday 060510
Back Squat 5-3-3-3-1-1-1-1-1 reps

CFWU x 2
135 x 10
225 x 5
235 x 3
245 x 3
255 x 3
265 x 1
285 x 1
295 x 1
315 x 1
320 x FAIL!!!

No new PR today!! I wanted to really concentrate on "ass to ankles" squats and i accomplished that. Even failure at 320lbs was as deep as possible. Normally my squats are very deep, below parallel, but i felt like i could be going a slight bit deeper. I got out of the hole at 320, but there was just not enough push. This may have something to do with the tightness i was feeling due to the 326 squats i did the day before with cindy!!!!!
Old 05-11-2006, 09:03 PM   #3
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Thursday 060511
"Isabel"

For time:
Snatch 135 pounds, 30 reps

subs - you betcha', used 65 lbs.
time - 7:22

First off, i wasn't too concerned with going for time on this workout. My main concern was to do 30 really good reps at a good pace. I accomplished this. I felt like my form was really good, and i did it at a quick enough pace to still get a good workout from it. I was starting from my lower shin because i don't have bumpers at my gym, just iron 10lb plates.

before Isabel, i did the full CFWU x 3 and afterwards worked on HSPUs. I did 4 sets of HSPUs for max reps and set 3 new PR's!!! Previous best was 8 consecutive, and today i hit 12,11,9 and 7 (these are with feet against a wall).
Old 05-13-2006, 01:19 PM   #4
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Saturday 060513

For time:
10 Dumbbell Clean & Jerks
1 Weighted pull-up
9 Dumbbell Clean & Jerks
2 Weighted pull-ups
8 Dumbbell Clean & Jerks
3 Weighted pull-ups
7 Dumbbell Clean & Jerks
4 Weighted pull-ups
6 Dumbbell Clean & Jerks
5 Weighted pull-ups
5 Dumbbell Clean & Jerks
6 Weighted pull-ups 4
4 Dumbbell Clean & Jerks
7 Weighted pull-ups
3 Dumbbell Clean & Jerks
8 Weighted pull-ups
2 Dumbbell Clean & Jerks
9 Weighted pull-up
1 Dumbbell Clean & Jerks
10 Weighted Pull-ups

Use 25, 45, or 65 pound dumbbells. Use one of the C&J dumbbells as the load for the weighted pull-ups. Placing the dumbbell between legs crossed at the ankles works very well.

Time - 34:10, used 45 lb. Db's

I have no idea where the time went on this one! I was moving pretty quick and felt like it was about 18 or 20 minutes when i finished....the clock told me otherwise!!!! The only times i rested were when my grip failed on the C+Js, which was about 2x per set through the first 5 rounds. Pull-ups went very well. In hindsight, i should have used the 45s for the C+Js and used a 65 for the pull-ups. The C+Js limited the weight on the pull-up workout, and that is not what i'm after. i want to do ANYTHING possible to add some size to my back, so i will keep that in mind for next time a WOD like this comes up.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:20 PM   #5
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Sunday 060514

Run 5 K

Time = 26:25 (:58 seconds slower than last time)

As much as i hate the running workouts, i did this one anyway. Unfortunately, the only time i had to do it was at the peak heat time of the day, around 4 o'clock. To say my body did not like running at 95 degrees would be an understatement!! Good news was that the pain in my right leg, though still very much there, was improved.

I've now been going strong doing the WODs as rx'd for a month and a half (since march 26th). I haven't missed one and that pleases me quite a bit. My goal was to do just the WODs as rx'd for 3 months and then evaluate to see how i may need to tweak them to my goals. I will still stick to my word, but at the half way point, i am catching a glimpse of where i will need to go. I am already sold a million times over on the efeectiveness of crossfit for fitness, but am just now realizing that it is a template that can be customized. I think i will have to go to something similar to what Anthony B. and others have done with the 5x5, or 3x5, as the middle day between WODs. The WODs, as rx'd, just aren't providing enough lifting for me. I am losing muscle size too much. I started at 186 lbs. and about 8% BF and am roughly 2 lbs. lighter now with a little less fat...maybe 7%. Problem is i feel really thin. i haven't put on any muscle and am visibly smaller in the chest and legs. Now, i never want to go back to the 230 lb bodybuilding forged physique that i once had, but i feel much more comfortable in the 195-200 lb range at my height. Yes, my performance has improved, but that is only part of my goals. I not only want to perform like an elite athlete, but i want to look like one as well. A sprinter, gymnast or weightlifter makes me look like a high school freshman!! I know that wanting to look athletic and muscular flies in the face of most around here, but i am ok with that. I feel that there is a performance benefit to being confident, and having a nice, functional, athletic physique goes a long way to improving confidence. I do believe crossfit can and will get me to my goal.

My apologies for the long winded thought. Just felt i should use the journal to reflect on what i have done so far. Bottom line is i feel good and am performing better, i'm just not entirely where i want to be. I can't say enough good things about what coach and lauren have provided for us and the great, helpful community that i am now a part of. It's a pleasure to be a part of it!!
Old 05-15-2006, 05:36 PM   #6
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Monday 060515
"Angie"

For time:
100 Pull-ups
100 Push-ups
100 Sit-ups
100 Squats

subs = none
time = 27:35

Not nearly as fast as i was hoping for, but it was ok for my first time with Angie. Chin-ups definitely took the longest..started off with a bang, but by 53 i was doing sets of 4-6 ( all my chins are dead hang, as the kipping is coming along VERY slowly, more of a frog kick at this point). Push-ups were easy, as were the squats, and sit-ups beat me up pretty good. I just got my ab-mat in the mail late last week and other than just playing with it a bit, this was the first time i really put it to use. I must say that it makes sit-ups A LOT harder. This was the other area that was slow. Felt good, though. A high likelihood of sore abs tomorrow!!!

Old 05-17-2006, 09:34 PM   #7
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Wednesday 060517

"Fran"

Three rounds, 21-15- and 9 reps, for time of:
95 pound Thruster
Pull-ups

subs = none
time = a rather disappointing 6:02 (27 sec slower than last time)

Well, i'm rather disgusted with my time today. Previous best was 5:35 and i had high hopes of improving upon that today. The only thing i can think of that slowed me down was that the 95 lbs just felt damn heavy today!!! It may have to do with the 4 lbs i've lost (unintentionally). My performance is dropping a little, and so is my weight due to too little nutrition. I feel there is a direct correlation, so i am making a diligent effort to increase my caloric intake.

I WILL GET A PR ON THE NEXT FRAN!!
Old 05-18-2006, 04:57 AM   #8
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
6 minutes is still a great time. I'm on the fence about whether I should do Fran so soon after surgery ... my ego says yes, my shins say no. We'll see who wins by the time 5pm rolls around. :biggrin:
Old 05-18-2006, 10:36 PM   #9
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Thursday 060518

Five rounds for time of:
95 pound Sumo deadlift high-pull, 12 reps
12 Ring dip

subs = 36 regular dips per round
time = 14:33

Yet another workout calling for rings....and me having no rings yet. So once again i lost a lot of time using the 3:1 ratio. I'm REALLY looking forward to the rings!!!! Other than that, i liked this workout quite a bit. It was my first time really doing the SDHPs and i was a little surprised at how much they killed my lungs, despite being light. Every time i got to the dips, i couldn't breathe. Good times!!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 08:40 PM   #10
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Friday 060519

Overhead squat 5-5-5-5-5 reps

CFWU x 3 with the pull-ups weighted
45 lbs x 10
95 lbs x 5
105 lbs x 5
115 lbs x 5
125 lbs x 5
130 lbs x 5

If i could choose one thing that has improved more than all others since i started CF, this would be it. The first time i did this, with a broomstick, it was the most awkward thing i had ever done and i could barely get to parallel while keeping a lordotic arch. Now...it is the most comfortable movement. My flexibility has improved to the point where my *** is touching my heels and my back is still straight. It no longer feels awkward, and most of all i'm getting stronger at it. I was hoping to attempt a higher weight today, but my upper back was VERY sore from yesterdays sumo deadlift high pulls. I was so sore that i couldn't stabilize the weight very well. Regardless, a very encouraging day!!!