CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 05-28-2006, 04:43 AM   #1
Lynne Pitts

Profile:
Jeremy,
Why don't you just make yourself some rings? It's dead simple, costs less than 20 bucks, takes less than half an hour. Detailed instructions are in a thread linked in the FAQ
Old 05-28-2006, 09:11 AM   #2
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Thanks for the suggestion lynne...i'm on it. I know i've read about making them, but never really considered doing it. I think that deep down i thought mine would be here any day!!

Even though my order is now only 300 away, i realize that it still may very well be a month or so. Therefore, i'll head to home depot today. I'll post how the experiment goes.

Thanks again.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:05 AM   #3
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Monday 060529
Three rounds for time of:
Run 800 meters
115 pound Thruster, 15 reps
21 L Pull-ups

subs = none
time = 32:58

Damn, that may be the toughest workout i've done since jumping into crossfit!!!! pukie was on the verge from the time i finished the first round of thrusters on!! This was the second running workout in the last week where i was nearly pain free in my right leg, which is very exciting. It still hurts to touch with any pressure, but if i can do the running WODs at even 90%, i'm thrilled.

The thing that killed my time was the L-pull-ups. After seeing the pic of nicole doing them a couple weeks back, i'm making sure my form is absolutely perfect. Feet were above my hips on all reps...which meant that my reps took a Looooonnnnngggggggg time to get out!!! Chunks of 3 and 4 were the order of the day. Thrusters felt great as it was nice to go heavier than 95 lbs.

On to deadlifts....
Old 05-30-2006, 01:21 PM   #4
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Tuesday 060530
Deadlift 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

CFWU x 2

135 x 10
185 x 5
225 x 1
275 x 1
315 x 1
365 x 1
385 x 1
405 x 1
425 x 1 (PR at this bodyweight, which is 184 lbs)
-all weights in lbs.

I never did find my groove today. Despite the PR, no rep ever felt very smooth or particularly strong. Regardless, i'll take it!!

I had planned on doing some tire flipping in the parking lot today, but that thought quickly went away after the workout.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:44 PM   #5
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Wednesday 060531

Hang squat clean 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

CFWU x 3

95 x 1
115 x 1
135 x 1
155 x 1
165 x 1
175 x 1
185 x 1
195 x 1
205 x 1
215 x 1 PR

Well, it's getting there. I'm on my way to a respectable clean weight, so i'm very happy about that!! For the most part everything went well today. First few rounds, my body was not telling me that a PR was in store for the day. My back was VERY sore from the ME deads yesterday and my forearms were killing me (this is due to the fact that i do my O-lifts with iron weights and have to bring the bar back down to my thighs under control from the standing rack position without dropping them...this also limits the amount of weight i will try). This will be taken care of soon, though, as i put in an order with Gill on tuesday morning for 130 kg of solid rubber bumpers and a bar. O-lifting is about to become very fun for me!!!!
Old 06-02-2006, 05:41 PM   #6
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Friday 060602

CFWU x 2

For time:
50 Box jump, 24 inch box
50 Jumping pull-ups
50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood
Walking Lunge, 50 steps (w/ 45 lb bar)
50 Knees to elbows
50 Push press, 45 pounds
50 Back extensions
50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
50 Burpees
50 Double unders

Subs = none, just added the weight on lunges

time = 43:39 (PR by 3 min and 5 seconds!!!!)

This definitely went better than the last time, but i still have a looooonnng way to go!!

The first time i really struggled with double unders, burpees, and knees to elbows. This time i greatly improved the double unders. All 50 double unders were done in a minute and a half. Burpees and KTE still were awful and took up the majority of my time. Both were responsible for over 7 minutes each!!!! It's not that i can't do them, it's that i can't do many in a row. I can just hope to improve a little each time.

Another place where i think i can cut some time is the 50 box jumps. I don't yet have plyo boxes, so i put aerobics steps under the supports of a flat bench. This is good for about 25.5 inches, but i wouldn't call it sturdy!! I'm basically going a little slow and cautious on these because i'm scared to death of falling off (i have no health insurance!!).

Old 06-04-2006, 09:01 AM   #7
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Saturday 060603

CFWU x 3

Back Squat 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

45 x 10
135 x 10
185 x 5
205 x 1
225 x 1
245 x 1
265 x 1
285 x 1
315 x 1 (PR at this BWT)
325 x 1 (PR at this BWT!!!!)

-all weights in lbs.

Well, i had no intentions of setting any PRs on this workout. It was late in the day and i didn't feel like doing it at all, but i would have felt worse missing a workout. I decided that i would do it, as RX'd, but at less intensity..maybe going up to 300, but nothing close to a PR. A funny thing happened along the way...285 felt really light for the first time ever. Therefore i decided to go for it. I went to 315 as it's a weight i've been struggling with. I've gotten it up, but not smoothly. Well, today it went up real easy. So, i put 10 more lbs. on the bar, and again it went up pretty easy. Might have had more in me, but i was ecstatic and didn't want to push my luck too much!!

As a side note, i was really working on technique more. All my squats are always very deep, but i wanted something to gauge the depth. I used a dynamax ball for depth on every set (which is VERY deep when you're 6 feet tall!!!) It worked out perfectly. The depth felt the same as when i squat with no gauge, but it kept me consistent, especially at the heavier weights. Also tried to drop the bar into more of a low bar position as the photo on the main page showed a week or two ago. Definitely a little awkward for me, as i'm very used to the high bar, olympic position. I'll keep working at that.

Looking forward to the push presses today!! It seems that we haven't done much overhead pressing in a long time.

Old 06-04-2006, 03:04 PM   #8
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Sunday 060604

CFWU x 2 (minus pull-ups)

Three rounds, 21-15- and 9 reps, for time of:
135 pound Push press
45 pound weighted Pull-ups

Subs = none

time = 18:06

one word to describe this one, HEAVY!! The fact that we do very little heavy overhead pressing bit me in the *** on this one. It's too bad as it's one of my favorite movements. I guess i should find ways to work more of it in. Lungs weren't too much of a factor in this one, which was good. I was breathing hard, don't get me wrong, but the poor time was due to the heavy feel of the push presses and having to rest on those. Pull-ups were broken, except for the round of 9, but didn't require much rest to get going again. I'd definitely like to see this one again!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 02:36 PM   #9
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Tuesday 060606

CFWU x 3

Five rounds for time of:
Row 500 meters
15 Knees to elbows
15 Back extensions

subs = 50 SDLHP w/ 45 lbs. per round sub'd for rowing.

time = 31:14

The rower is one of the very next items on my list to get and today's WOD made me want to pick up the pace on purchasing one!!! Everything about this workout went well except for the SDLHPs. My shoulders were still sore from sunday and these were just killing me...far too many breaks. I do take comfort in knowing that i will take time off this and other WODs where i sub SDLHPs when i get a rower. I can row 500m in under 2 min every time (not to the standard of most CFers, but getting there), but 50 SDLHPs takes me a solid 2.5-3 minutes.

i was very happy with the improvement i had today in the KTE. I've only done these as part of the filthy 50 and they aren't pretty! They were much better today with the first two rounds of 15 being unbroken.

Tyler tells me that i should be getting the reorder email for my rings this week and my bumpers and bars from Gill are on the way as well. That means next week could be very fun for me. I feel like a little kid anticipating christmas morning!!!!
Old 06-08-2006, 08:16 AM   #10
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Wednesday 060607

WU = shoulder dislocates and jumping rope

"Linda"

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of the triplet:

Deadlift: 1 1/2 body weight
Bench press: body weight
Clean: 3/4 body weight

Set up three bars and storm through for time.

BWT = 183 lbs.
DL = 280 lbs.
BP = 185 lbs.
Clean = 140 lbs.

Time = 41:09 (14:10 SLOWER than my last try!!!)

Well, that's a pretty large leap backwards from my last time, but it was intentional. I know that you can't attack these WODs with full intensity every time, and that you occasionall need to back off...and today was that day. I was so sore in my lower back and traps from the previous days WOD that i knew i would not be able to go at a pace needed to beat my last time without form getting a little ugly. Therefore, i stayed steady and went at a comfortable pace. Most of my rest took place during the cleans.