CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 04-22-2006, 06:44 AM   #1
Per Nyberg

Profile:
I´m a little curious about what kind of strength gain you guys have had on a "strictly WOD diet",
I know that pure strength isn´t the main goal of crossfit but with the intensity of the WOD´s there´s got to be some good strength gains. Or am I wrong?
Old 04-22-2006, 10:20 AM   #2
Dave Campbell

Profile:
Per,
Much will depend on your starting level. If you come from a cardio background, your strength level will soar. On the other hand, if you come from a powerlifting background, you might lose a little top-end strength. Crossfit is all about well-rounded fitness. I do the WOD only. I honestly feel like I can out-run most lifters and out-lift most runners. I don't embarrass myself either way.