CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 07-21-2015, 10:15 AM   #11
Jason A Smith

Profile:
Re: Barbell shrugged flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Alford View Post
Richard, I will have to assume that the program you keep recommending is yours......you should be transparent about that. At any rate I had a look at it. It look pretty decent, the only thing is the jump from Level 2 to Level 3 is huge. I would be a more Level 3 type person except some of the days programmed are just too much volume.

"I've done this stuff for a long time. Obviously I'm biased because grrillagym.com is mine. I've created,..."

He did say this in the first real paragraph ^^^ I thought it was clear.

As for what the OP is talking about. Definitely pick one and stick to it, I've fallen prey to the "ooh look, thiiiiis is the program I need!" and then 3 weeks later "thiiiiis is the best program for me." Then you realize you've wasted 5 months and made no progress towards your written goal. Which is the next part, write down your goal! Once you have a goal you can funnel your training towards that. I like Comptrain, it's clear and easy to follow, I also like Crossfit Weightlifting from the small amount I've seen. But you do you![/quote]

I am not going to pick bones here but his edits show after I made my comment, they originally read little different. I have no issue with Rich putting his stuff out there, and it looks pretty decent from what I have seen. I figured it out on my own that it was his program, without him telling me.

Richard, is there anyone or is there anyone who is currently or the past followed one of your programs with any great success ? And what is your fitness coaching background ? Just curious.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:33 AM   #12
Tim Alford

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A Smith View Post
"I've done this stuff for a long time. Obviously I'm biased because grrillagym.com is mine. I've created,..."

He did say this in the first real paragraph ^^^ I thought it was clear.

As for what the OP is talking about. Definitely pick one and stick to it, I've fallen prey to the "ooh look, thiiiiis is the program I need!" and then 3 weeks later "thiiiiis is the best program for me." Then you realize you've wasted 5 months and made no progress towards your written goal. Which is the next part, write down your goal! Once you have a goal you can funnel your training towards that. I like Comptrain, it's clear and easy to follow, I also like Crossfit Weightlifting from the small amount I've seen. But you do you!
I am not going to pick bones here but his edits show after I made my comment, they originally read little different. I have no issue with Rich putting his stuff out there, and it looks pretty decent from what I have seen. I figured it out on my own that it was his program, without him telling me.

Richard, is there anyone or is there anyone who is currently or the past followed one of your programs with any great success ? And what is your fitness coaching background ? Just curious.[/quote]

Whoa. Took me a second to figure out what the heck was going on. Sorry, I didn't see his edit when I posted that. My bad!
Old 07-21-2015, 07:38 PM   #13
Richard Colon

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A Smith View Post
Richard, is there anyone or is there anyone who is currently or the past followed one of your programs with any great success ? And what is your fitness coaching background ? Just curious.
Hey Jason,

grrillagym.com is new. Out there since June I think. I've had/run a garage gym for 6ish years and still do to this day. As for high level athletes, no. I've never geared my stuff towards them (until now I guess). Success stories over the years with my own clients - certainly.

That can come in many forms. From those that have lost 140 lbs to women that went from a 105 DL to a 300+ DL in 2yrs. My son went from 80 lb C/J to current 185 and 9th in Open, Southwest region teen division (15yr old). I am not an affiliate and never claimed to be to any clients so they all new what I offered. Just different training but as the years went on and the popularity increased, clients wanted the style of Crossfit in a personal setting, smaller atmosphere. So I studied, became familiar and the ball went rolling from there.

As for background, I've trained in some fashion doing various things for 25yrs or so. Check out the about page on the website and you'll see where I come from. Again, its just my take on it all and I hope to make a mark and offer people "another" option. Nothing more. My experiences come at it from a different angle, and not 100% ALL CROSSFIT, so the programming could provide new challenges, new experiences and a new stimulus. What some people need and what others certainly don't.

Thanks for asking.