CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #211
Jamie Gowens

Profile:
Re: Stop Anthos from Taking over CrossFit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post
You are an affiliate owner. So, to be clear, you are not happy with the vision Mr. Glassman has promoted and you therefore are backing his wife in the hopes she, or someone she sells to changes things, correct?

If not, your stance makes no sense as your business would likely be directly effected by such a move.
I am not happy with shenanigans.
I am not happy with manipulation.
I am not happy with lack of professionalism.

I do not appreciate divorce drama being played out in such a manner that it raises near panic in people. There was a better, more appropriate manner to handle this.

If they make a move that impacts my business, I will deal with that when it happens. Having "CrossFit" on my tshirts doesn't change what I do or don't do in my gym.

But I believe that speculation about one party's motive over the other's is ridiculous. It's counter productive and revealing of overall character. I've been divorced and smeared nine ways to Sunday. I don't want to do that to anyone.

If the buy out happens and it negatively impacts my business, I'll take action. If it happens my business isn't affected? *shrug*
By the same token - should Mr. Glassman retain control and THAT negatively impact my business, I'll take action. Neither one f them are saints.

Then again, I have to wonder - if the law/lawyers/legalities are as on "our" side as we've been told - why the call to arms? As I said, I dislike manipulation and have an instinctive distrust of people who practice such behavior.

Last edited by Jamie Gowens : 07-30-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #212
Jeff R Tucker

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Holmes View Post
Perfect. Now that you put a question mark in there, I completely understand and agree
ok - very well. LOL
Old 07-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #213
Jesse R james

Profile:

Quote:
Let me ask you this, based upon what Mr. Glassman has VERY clearly stated, that he wants to keep things as they are (which she presumably helped to create), what other reason could she possibly have for not wanting to sell to him if she has chosen to cash out?
Small List of Speculated Possible Reasons:

1. She hates him and wants to stick it to him.

2. They (Anthos) offered money in a more advantageous time frame.

3. She felt she couldn't trust Coach Glassman/His legal team to give her a fair deal or follow through.

4. She wanted to sell but felt more protected from possible legal tie ups if she sold to a 3rd party.

5. She honestly feels like the vision she helped create could use the services of a company like Anthos and made what she believes is the best decision.

These are just 5 of any number of reasons based on any number of factors we may or may not be privy too.

As we are only being given snippets of information from both sides without any substantial amount of evidence, any assumptions we make are just that: assumptions based off little to no evidence.

I don't know Coach Glassman or Lauren Glassman personally, so I can't make assumptions or take "faith" in either party's supposed honesty or their motivations.

Until we (or in this case, the affiliate owners) get more information and can take action, there's not much good in all the "Chicken Little-ing" and chest thumping that is going on.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #214
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Gowens View Post
I am not happy with shenanigans.
I am not happy with manipulation.
I am not happy with lack of professionalism.

I do not appreciate divorce drama being played out in such a manner that it raises near panic in people. There was a better, more appropriate manner to handle this.

If they make a move that impacts my business, I will deal with that when it happens. Having "CrossFit" on my tshirts doesn't change what I do or don't do in my gym.

But I believe that speculation about one party's motive over the other's is ridiculous. It's counter productive and revealing of overall character. I've been divorced and smeared nine ways to Sunday. I don't want to do that to anyone.

If the buy out happens and it negatively impacts my business, I'll take action. If it happens my business isn't affected? *shrug*
By the same token - should Mr. Glassman retain control and THAT negatively impact my business, I'll take action. Neither one f them are saints.

Then again, I have to wonder - if the law/lawyers/legalities are as on "our" side as we've been told - why the call to arms? As I said, I dislike manipulation and have an instinctive distrust of people who practice such behavior.
Ok, you answered the question with what you stated about your gym.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #215
Jamie Gowens

Profile:

I don't see how my answer could be, or should be, any different.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #216
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse R james View Post
Small List of Speculated Possible Reasons:

1. She hates him and wants to stick it to him.

2. They (Anthos) offered money in a more advantageous time frame.

3. She felt she couldn't trust Coach Glassman/His legal team to give her a fair deal or follow through.

4. She wanted to sell but felt more protected from possible legal tie ups if she sold to a 3rd party.

5. She honestly feels like the vision she helped create could use the services of a company like Anthos and made what she believes is the best decision.

These are just 5 of any number of reasons based on any number of factors we may or may not be privy too.

As we are only being given snippets of information from both sides without any substantial amount of evidence, any assumptions we make are just that: assumptions based off little to no evidence.

I don't know Coach Glassman or Lauren Glassman personally, so I can't make assumptions or take "faith" in either party's supposed honesty or their motivations.

Until we (or in this case, the affiliate owners) get more information and can take action, there's not much good in all the "Chicken Little-ing" and chest thumping that is going on.
The sale is a legal process, her trusting him has nothing to do with it.

Put it this way, can we agree he doesn't want change in how CrossFit is currently run?
Old 07-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #217
Jesse R james

Profile:

Quote:
The sale is a legal process, her trusting him has nothing to do with it.

Put it this way, can we agree he doesn't want change in how CrossFit is currently run?
We can agree that Coach Glassman has stated that publicly.

We can also agree that Lauren Glassman has stated that she believes selling to Anthos over another party was the best decision for everyone involved.

We're still at the point I mentioned earlier of not having enough verifiable information to make a decision either way.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #218
Darrin Shaw

Profile:

I did not see them..... do you have the links for us to read? Thank you!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #219
Justin McCallon

Profile:

Information that is insufficient to prove a theory is not necessarily insufficient to increase the likelihood (based on known information) that the theory is correct. If people were unable to understand probability and assign various confidences, we would be very far from where we are now. If you do not make estimates each day based on incomplete data, then you are missing a lot of opportunities to expand your understanding of the world. There are no true certainties.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #220
Justin McCallon

Profile:

Anyway my take on the situation is thst Greg wants to own CF outright. He submitted a bid and Lauren refused it, after assuming she could get a better offer (maybe partly out of spite). Greg can decrease the amount of that third party offer by gettin the community behind him and limiting the options of the third party. Now, Anthos knows that it must give all control to Greg and is effectively becoming a minority shareholder in a closely held corporation (this is a vert bad position). Greg knows the community is behind him, so either he can do whatever he wants with his business if Anthos becomes an equity holder (because Anthos can only dissolve, assuming that is an option in CA, and dissolution is monetary suicide), or Anthos will revoke its bid and Greg will hold the best bid, and maybe Lauren will sell to him. So, the point of this was to show Anthos and Lauren that Greg holds all of the cards.

Just my theory. But the bottom line is that I really don't think Anthos will have any control over CF operations.

Last edited by Justin McCallon : 07-30-2012 at 09:18 PM.