CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #191
Jamie Gowens

Profile:
Re: Stop Anthos from Taking over CrossFit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin McCallon View Post
Well, I would rather hear it from the source. I am guessing there were different terms (e.g., less cash up front).
I'd rather ride a unicorn to work than drive. I bet I get mine before you get yours.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:37 PM   #192
Justin McCallon

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Gowens View Post
I'd rather ride a unicorn to work than drive. I bet I get mine before you get yours.
Point being that a failure to receive a response would indicate vindictiveness rather than what could be very reasonable motives.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #193
Jesse R james

Profile:

Quote:
Point being that a failure to receive a response would indicate vindictiveness rather than what could be very reasonable motives.
A failure to get a response to a question indicates...

...you didn't get a response.

If you attach a meaning to a lack of response, you're still just speculating without any actual knowledge.

If I ask you if you like kissing trees at night by the lake and you don't respond, that doesn't mean you do or don't. It doesn't mean anything except you didn't respond back.

You seem to be looking/hoping for her to be vindictive and accept any other sign as "proof" of this.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #194
Justin McCallon

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse R james View Post
A failure to get a response to a question indicates...

...you didn't get a response.

If you attach a meaning to a lack of response, you're still just speculating without any actual knowledge.

If I ask you if you like kissing trees at night by the lake and you don't respond, that doesn't mean you do or don't. It doesn't mean anything except you didn't respond back.

You seem to be looking/hoping for her to be vindictive and accept any other sign as "proof" of this.
Well, there are 3 potential outcomes: a) she responds positively, b) negative response, c) no response. A-B would be close to proof of motives. C would indicate the same as B without certainty.

I do not know Lauren or Greg Glassman and actually think Lauren may have a very reasonable stance.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #195
Jesse R james

Profile:

Quote:
Well, there are 3 potential outcomes: a) she responds positively, b) negative response, c) no response. A-B would be close to proof of motives. C would indicate the same as B without certainty.

I do not know Lauren or Greg Glassman and actually think Lauren may have a very reasonable stance.
All C indicates is that you haven't gotten a response. You can't confirm that she/he/it has even seen the original question, so any assumption would be speculation at best.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #196
Jamie Gowens

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse R james View Post
All C indicates is that you haven't gotten a response. You can't confirm that she/he/it has even seen the original question, so any assumption would be speculation at best.
Aside from that, generally when in midst of a divorce, the best thing to say publicly is as little as possible.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #197
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

If you had read what I have read concerning their divorce, you'd know why she wants to stick it to him. If none of that is true, they still divorced and there is probably bad blood to some degree. Considering the way she treated CFPrescott, I think we can take a stab at judging her personality.

" So you're gonna give me oodles of money and I get my vengeance?"

Slam dunk.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #198
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:

As I said up thread, Anthos' motives are pretty simple. I suspect both of the Glassmans have a much more complicated view of things.

I don't know them, so I'm not going to speculate except to say that in most divorce cases the truth lies somewhere between the two parties.

Katherine
Old 07-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #199
Jeff R Tucker

Profile:

Dear CrossFit:
Questions?
Let me tell you where I stand… Let me tell you whom I serve… Let me tell you what I support… Let me make it emphatically clear to those who know me, or those who do not know me, where I am… Let me tell you where my loyalties lay and for whom I work for, so we have no confusion… Let me tell you whom I serve. Let me tell you what I believe in. Let me tell you whom I taught. Let me tell you what I sacrificed. Let me explain further what is most important to me in my life…
Answers!
I work for CrossFit. I support CrossFit. I work for this CrossFit community. I work for my own affiliate GSX CROSSFIT. I work and am part of CFHQ. I serve anyone who has asked for my help. I have personally taught over 50K people face to face around this globe, and thousands more via the Internet, thanks to CrossFit. I have seen the changes in lives and I believe in CrossFit. I am loyal to CrossFit. I have sacrificed very much for CrossFit – much of my personal time. What is important to me most in life is my family, my God, and both come before CrossFit.
I would ask that we simply coach, grow our clients, improve lives and grow our gyms as we support what we love – CrossFit. This community is going to grow and I think the rest will take care of itself. I leave it to our leadership to grow and support all aspects of CrossFit.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #200
Nathan Holmes

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff R Tucker View Post
Questions?
Jeff,
I'm confused about your post. You said the word "Questions" and then didn't ask any. You then said "Answers" but since there weren't any questions, I'm not sure what you were answering. But that's just trolling...

Then came the part that I understand but am not sure I agree with; "the rest will take care of itself". However, it was HQ staff who started this chain, and HQ staff who have continued to add more information while we all speculate. In all actuality, the very first post asked all Affiliate owners to "Make a blog post on your Affiliate's site, post to Facebook, Tweet about it, do whatever it is you like to do to get the word out." Wouldn't you agree that HQ specifically asked for, and is receiving, this specific reaction? This seems like it is relatively urgent otherwise they [probably] wouldn't have gone straight to the message boards, facebook, email, etc to drum up support. Don't you think they would have rather had this kept in house rather than having to wage a PR war against the purchase? Choosing to remain blissfully unaware or apathetic seems like the opposite of what HQ wants.

-Nate

Last edited by Nathan Holmes : 07-30-2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Changed wording