CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #121
Drew Nadeau

Profile:
Re: Stop Anthos from Taking over CrossFit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Glassman View Post
All,
I believe you have already seen my response to these claims as well as Anthos'. My only comment for the affiliate community, at this point, is to contact Mr Kelly of Anthos and talk to him. Form your own opinion, not one built on spin and self interest.

Much love, respect, and admiration,

Lauren Jenai Glassman
No soul.

Last edited by Drew Nadeau : 07-29-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #122
Corey Linhart

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt DeMinico View Post
HEY! I'd be a venture capitalist if I had the money... VC is typically about taking a company that needs cash (which CF doesn't), injecting it with cash in return for equity in it, and using that to grow the business. BUT, it's like everything in life, there's some good, some bad, and some just want to hang on to leech. Some folks are like that, most aren't (thank God).

NOW, Coach has been right on literally EVERY big thing I can remember as it relates to CrossFit in recent history. Why would this be different?
By no means am I saying that I wouldn't, either. But, I think the point is missed, and that's definitely my fault.

WE are the community. WE are the lifeblood of the very thing that changes so many lives for the better.

Not a VC company.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #123
Justin McCallon

Profile:

Could someone please explain to me what the concern is all about? I may seriously be missing something, but please explain why this is not accurate...

If there is gridlock between Anthos and Greg, then Anthos has the option of not doing anything, selling out to Greg, or forcing dissolution. Forcing dissolution is monetary suicide for Anthos, since the brand image is not going to be worth anything without support from the community. The other two options don't hurt the community.

This is all confusing to me. I do not understand at all: a) why Lauren Glassman, whom I have never met (but who seems pretty reasonable) did not sell to Greg Glassman for a better offer than Anthos; or b) why Greg Glassman and a bunch of the CF crew think that Anthos is going to make all the affiliates sell crappy supplements and become franchises. I, also, don't understand why they aren't concerned that Lauren Glassman would do the same thing if she is just being vengeful... The whole thing seems completely nonsensical.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #124
Jamie Gowens

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin McCallon View Post
Could someone please explain to me what the concern is all about? I may seriously be missing something, but please explain why this is not accurate...

If there is gridlock between Anthos and Greg, then Anthos has the option of not doing anything, selling out to Greg, or forcing dissolution. Forcing dissolution is monetary suicide for Anthos, since the brand image is not going to be worth anything without support from the community. The other two options don't hurt the community.

This is all confusing to me. I do not understand at all: a) why Lauren Glassman, whom I have never met (but who seems pretty reasonable) did not sell to Greg Glassman for a better offer than Anthos; or b) why Greg Glassman and a bunch of the CF crew think that Anthos is going to make all the affiliates sell crappy supplements and become franchises. I, also, don't understand why they aren't concerned that Lauren Glassman would do the same thing if she is just being vengeful... The whole thing seems completely nonsensical.
This...
Old 07-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #125
Paul Jasch

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan McNamar View Post
"Dear CrossFitters:

My name is Bryan Kelly and I am a Managing Director at Anthos Capital. ...

By way of personal background, I have been CrossFitting for the past two years ....

Does anyone know where/at what affiliate he claims to do CrossFit?
Old 07-29-2012, 09:02 PM   #126
josh nieva

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Friends,

The existential threat to affiliates resides in the $20,000,000 desire to control them. Bryan Kelly made the Anthos intent painfully clear to a room full of CF Staff Tuesday May 10, 2011, from 6:30-7:00 pm in the Tony Gwynn suite at the Omni Hotel in San Diego, California. Jeff and Miki Martin, Dave Castro, Brian Mulvaney, Karianne Dickson, Dale Saran, Tony Blauer, and I were present. There, Bryan Kelly explained in clear and concise terms that we were leaving billions of dollars on the table with our current affiliate relationship. We all remember lines like, "Every time I go into GNC, you are losing money". The talk, and several of us have heard it several times and on two coasts, revolved around "money left on the table". We are well acquainted with the Anthos plan and Bryan Kelly's intent. We've been preparing for this for almost a year.

Make no mistake about it, Anthos wants an equity share of CF in order to gain control of the affiliates. I stand squarely in the way. From the start, our promise to the affiliates has been to minimize rent extraction while providing the best education, protection, and brand development possible. Bryan Kelly sees 4,000 independently owned and operated gyms as 4,000 potential points of sale. The Anthos approach is short-term, rapacious, dishonest, entirely destructive of our culture, and toxic to the affiliates.

Anthos will NOT end up with an equity share in CrossFit. They're holding a losing hand and will eventually come to terms with that fact. I'm honored to fight this fight and consider the opportunity and responsibility to lead the affiliates as the most significant facet of my life. None of it is for sale - at any price. I don't care what this costs or how long it takes, we will keep our affiliates free.
To stand for what is right for the benefit of the family! Thanks Coach!
Old 07-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #127
Corey Linhart

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Jasch View Post
Does anyone know where/at what affiliate he claims to do CrossFit?
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bryan-kelly/3/8b5/31a WFS

His LinkedIn. SF Bay area...that doesn't narrow it down whatsoever...

His FB says Palo Alto, Ca. Could be 5+ different Affiliates.

Last edited by Corey Linhart : 07-29-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #128
Joey Powell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Glassman View Post
All,
I believe you have already seen my response to these claims as well as Anthos'. My only comment for the affiliate community, at this point, is to contact Mr Kelly of Anthos and talk to him. Form your own opinion, not one built on spin and self interest.

Much love, respect, and admiration,

Lauren Jenai Glassman
You've made a quite the living off of spin and self interest. Quite a few lives you have smashed up here in Prescott along the way. Amazingly, you have found a way to beat up on the affiliate community like you did my wife, the CrossFit Prescott trainers and clients, and myself. Everyone who VOLUNTEERED their lives to help you and you turned your back with a short note and abdication. All those volunteers who spent HOURS and DAYS setting up your affiliate you turned your back on. All those volunteers who spent own money and time (DAYS and WEEKS) working the games and those early certs...now you turn your back on them. Pathetic.

Almost a year to the day the tone of your actions are the same as the day you tried to walk away with Andrea's, and my, hard work....
  • A short note.
  • A complete abdication of your responsibilies.
  • And the kicker, a throw away sign off muttering love, respect, and admiration.

As usual, you leave word for everyone to contact someone else about your actions.

All of this, just like you did to my wife and I the night before our son was born when we were packing to go to the hospital... with a facebook post. Not a personal meeting, not a call, not even a text message. A cowardly facebook post.

You are amazingly self-centered, you truely believe you are better than everyone else, and you feel entitled to everyone else's stuff.

While jetting around Scottsdale in your Porsche with the top down...you must realize at least for a moment...you are not a victim. The emotional development of a 7 year old to be sure, but not a victim.

Lady, I can barely wait to sit back and watch 'karma' mess you up. I am so thankful I am here to see it.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #129
Lynne Pitts

Profile:

Joey, et. al

This is an extremely hot subject with a lot at stake for all of us, but that doesn't change the board rules. Personal attacks are as inappropriate as ever. Please keep to the topic and keep the personal venom to yourselves.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #130
Daniel Carney

Profile:

I trust Greg Glassman, and I trust Joseph Powell. That's all I need. CrossFit Missoula is with Greg Glassman 100%!