CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 05-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #21
Andrea Grant

Profile:
Re: For the women

Absolutely classic!!! Crossfit baby weight competition. Crossfitters are we a "little" competitive or what? I hope to join in on this competition some time soon. That is if I haven't completely ignored the old bio clock ticking thing to my detriment.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:55 PM   #22
Jill Zimmerman

Profile:

Caffeine is a diuretic and irritates the bladder. I really have a hard time running after my three cups of much loved coffee in the morning so I try to drink it early, pee before I go. At first only one cup then run come home down the rest of it. They (doc) gave me a pessary, not for uterine prolapse but to help with leaking. It pushes on your urethra I guess to help stop leakage. Not working so hot for me. Have to find some happy medium between staying hydrated and not peeing. Deadlifts sound good to me. I will be happy to do more.

firefighter baby #1 now 27, weighed around six pounds? (as she likes to say Mom you can't remember anything) 23 hours labor
yoga teacher baby #2 now 25, weighed 5.5 pounds induced labor lasting 5.5 days yes I said days, needless to say she was happy inside
student baby #3 now 18 weighed like 6.6 or something like that labor 9 hours

student baby #4 now 13 weighed 6 lb 14 oz labor 1.5 hours and by FAAARRRR the worst excruciating labor. I never made a peep, really not a peep with other kids but I was screaming with this one and they asked me to be quite I was scaring the other women in labor. He was the first baby of the new year, missed my tax deduction by 7 minutes.

And speaking of peeing, my water broke - third time at beginning of labor for fourth kid and labor and delivery nurse said "Are you sure you aren't just peeing, mam?" I said "I have had three kids my water broke and I am having this baby NOW!" No I was not freakin' peeing.

Kudos to you women with the big babies I just can't imagine. I could hardly squeeze out these little guys.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:26 PM   #23
Yael Grauer

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Quadros View Post
So, in addition to being one of the toughest, and best, exercises for you, the deadlift also trains the muscles of the pelvis, equally as important for men, though for other reasons.
Deadlifts are also the #1 cure for menstrual cramps... Well, maybe #2 after magnesium... They are AWESOME.

Oh, and I haven't had babies yet...so not much to add on that front. I have like a half dozen friends that are pregnant right now, though...seems to be going around.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:08 PM   #24
Derek Maffett

Profile:

You're having a competition for who has the fattest, most unfit baby?
Old 07-05-2008, 12:19 PM   #25
Grant Nichols

Profile:

Derek,

You're totally going to get ripped for that one! Def don't mess with moma bears. Our Ped once told my wife that our son " was a fat little critter" I thought she was going to drop kick him.

G
Old 07-08-2008, 12:41 AM   #26
Sarah Peters

Profile:

Get the Kegelmaster 2000. Its like a hand held weight machine for your pelvic floor. You just add resistance with springs that fit inside.

Weighted cones also helped.

I had a 10lb baby and it really helped.

Seriously...
Old 07-23-2008, 04:02 AM   #27
Erin Haugen

Profile:

Hahaha this thread is hilarious! I thought i was going to kick some butt with my 10lb baby that i delivered exactly 3 months ago today, but some of you totally kicked my butt! 11lbs 13oz??!?!??!! Holy heck! You ladies are amazing!