CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #41
Andrew Bell
Member Andrew Bell is offline
 
Andrew Bell's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston  TX
Posts: 4,021
Re: 135 lb. Overhead Squat Box Jump

I am suprised Mark E. Wallace hasnt posted yet. You on vacation bud? Want to read your thoughts here......



__________________
| Log (wfs) |
 
Old 10-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #42
Vladimir Musman
Member Vladimir Musman is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sterling  VA
Posts: 86
Re: 135 lb. Overhead Squat Box Jump

this video has inspired me to one up that and do a 300lb yoke with chains box junp with a sled tied to my belt to work explosiveness.
 
Old 10-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #43
Michael A. Jones
Member Michael A. Jones is offline
 
Michael A. Jones's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Antonio  TX
Posts: 2,536
Re: 135 lb. Overhead Squat Box Jump

Quote:
Originally Posted by John L. Mclaughlin View Post
Why do people bash CrossFit? Why do they call it stupid? Cause people like you do stuff like that.
You took the words right out of my mouth.....
__________________
Male/48/6'1"/205 lbs
CF-L1
 
Old 10-23-2013, 07:12 PM   #44
Jim Denofa
Affiliate Jim Denofa is offline
 
Jim Denofa's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lawton  OK
Posts: 475
Re: 135 lb. Overhead Squat Box Jump

You think the guy doing the oh box jump is silly and dangerous for no reason. Wait till you see this guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScgJJDYeqqg w/f/s
He does a muscle up (which is obviously the pinnacle of gymnastic skills, although it does not look like he knows how to kip yet) and then he does all this other show off stuff afterwards. Then he jumps off the rings!! He will never reproduce, no wonder gymnasts have such a bad reputation. They have their standard moves and then they try and do new skills and risk injury for no reason. That sport is going down the drain fast.
__________________
www.crossfithavoc.com
 
Old 10-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #45
Jim Denofa
Affiliate Jim Denofa is offline
 
Jim Denofa's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lawton  OK
Posts: 475
Re: 135 lb. Overhead Squat Box Jump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ch3nAiX8hQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zrHm...GZeC4Wvj0GoERg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__kqrQliG04
all w/f/s
Check out this idiot. None of these things have been done on CrossFit.com, why would he do this silly stuff? A clear risk of injury is presented by each one of these tasks. He would be a lot safer doing....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOds38c4YNQ w/f/s
__________________
www.crossfithavoc.com
 
Old 10-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #46
Jeff Enge
Banned Jeff Enge is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Collinsville  IL
Posts: 5,542
Re: 135 lb. Overhead Squat Box Jump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Denofa View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ch3nAiX8hQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zrHm...GZeC4Wvj0GoERg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__kqrQliG04
all w/f/s
Check out this idiot. None of these things have been done on CrossFit.com, why would he do this silly stuff? A clear risk of injury is presented by each one of these tasks. He would be a lot safer doing....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOds38c4YNQ w/f/s
Believe it or not, nobody on this board is condoning those things either. So whatever point you are trying to make is totally moot.
 
Old 10-23-2013, 07:59 PM   #47
Mark E. Wallace
Member Mark E. Wallace is offline
 
Mark E. Wallace's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cedar Park  TX
Posts: 3,869
Re: 135 lb. Overhead Squat Box Jump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bell View Post
I am suprised Mark E. Wallace hasnt posted yet. You on vacation bud? Want to read your thoughts here......
Ironically, yeah, I am on vacation. Day one of three.

My thoughts though.

* The movement : Impressive athletically, but I don't see the sense in doing it. I mean that in two regards; (1) obvious injury risk, and (2) I don't see how doing it would help someone to meet a training goal.

* The thread : I have stayed out of the thread for a reason --- it's just another thread that will never have an answer or mutual agreement of some sort. The OP is proud of his move, which is fine, and he has some supporters in that. Then there are others who want to bash the move (and to some extent the OP), and I guess that's fine too. Nobody is right. Nobody is wrong. The thread is likely to die only once (a) the participants get bored of it, or (b) the mods pukie it. Adding my thoughts into the thread won't change it at all, simply because I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said.

I do wish that Crossfitters would stop posting videos of stuff like this though. Whether or not the OP executed this move because he thinks it represents what we do in Crossfit, it is highly likely that others who watch the video will automatically assume that "this is Crossfit." Crossfit simply doesn't need more of that. We need to be demonstrating how safe, functional, approachable, and beneficial the program is.

Cheers,

Mark
__________________
"Ima champ Still pushin Strong, Remember You only get what you train FOR>"
Snarky answers -- Free of charge.
 
Old 10-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #48
Jim Denofa
Affiliate Jim Denofa is offline
 
Jim Denofa's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lawton  OK
Posts: 475
Re: 135 lb. Overhead Squat Box Jump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post
Believe it or not, nobody on this board is condoning those things either. So whatever point you are trying to make is totally moot.
Never would I ever expect anyone on here to condone all of the stuff I do in the gym. Makes no difference in me doing it or not. People get stuck in their safety blankets and when they see other people burning theirs it makes them... upset?
__________________
www.crossfithavoc.com
 
Old 10-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #49
Jeff Enge
Banned Jeff Enge is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Collinsville  IL
Posts: 5,542
Re: 135 lb. Overhead Squat Box Jump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Denofa View Post
Never would I ever expect anyone on here to condone all of the stuff I do in the gym. Makes no difference in me doing it or not. People get stuck in their safety blankets and when they see other people burning theirs it makes them... upset?
Honestly, you do what you want to in your gym. Fine by me - you as the affiliate owner have only yourself to answer to.

I think Mark said it best though -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace View Post
I do wish that Crossfitters would stop posting videos of stuff like this though. Whether or not the OP executed this move because he thinks it represents what we do in Crossfit, it is highly likely that others who watch the video will automatically assume that "this is Crossfit." Crossfit simply doesn't need more of that. We need to be demonstrating how safe, functional, approachable, and beneficial the program is.
 
Old 10-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #50
Jim Denofa
Affiliate Jim Denofa is offline
 
Jim Denofa's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lawton  OK
Posts: 475
Re: 135 lb. Overhead Squat Box Jump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post
Honestly, you do what you want to in your gym. Fine by me - you as the affiliate owner have only yourself to answer to.

I think Mark said it best though -
If you guys could give me a clear and concise definition of what CrossFit is and what it is NOT, I would be very impressed.
__________________
www.crossfithavoc.com
 
 


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How many times can you back squat 135? Patrick Poblocki Competitions 57 12-09-2009 09:20 AM
$135 Squat Stands John Seiler Equipment 16 12-13-2007 08:30 PM
An Easy Guide to Building a Plyo Box or Jump Box Garth Reed Equipment 4 02-19-2007 08:59 AM
Deck Squat + Box Jump Nick Gagnon Exercises 6 04-04-2006 05:56 PM
Overhead Squat to 10' Box - Why to a 10' Box? Ross Hunt Exercises 1 02-12-2004 08:37 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:39 PM.


CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.