CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 04-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #41
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Re: $600 budget for barbell, what to get?

I loved the DHS bar back at MidtownStrength, more so than either the HD or NG Pendlay's (these were the 28.5 HD's). Maybe I'll be back in CA by June or not at all. It's up in air right now. I know Peter as well.

I'm just trying to not spend all my money on a bar and bumpers, especially if I go back to Sac and Midtown. If I don't, hopefully I'd end up somewhere with a gym or maybe try to lift out of a CF box (which I'd probably need at least a bomba since ya never what have to lift with).

Besides that, I still need to pay for my USAW, getting a suit and maybe some leggings, ideally new set of WL shoes besides my Pendlay's. I'm trying to not even think of that cost ATM.

I could use the thicker bars at the small globogym for BS but it's nicer to FS with a slimmer bar and I don't want to be an *** and bend their bars. They never bent last year when I was here but that was a different bar (that the owner ended up selling off).