CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 03-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
Ralphie_Martinez

Profile:
"Battle" ropes

Does anyone have these at their home and if so, where did you purchase them, what thickness did you get and what length? Thanks.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
James Orr

Profile:
Re: "Battle" ropes

Got ours from Rogue. 1.5" rope, 50' long. If I knew where to get rope locally, I'd do that instead. Tape the ends to minimize fray. 2" is brutalizing.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #3
Brad Lechmaier

Profile:

I just ordered a set last week from Art of Strength since they had a deal for 20% off with free shipping. I ordered their Bulldog jacketed ropes in 1.5in x 45ft. My home gym is in my basement so hopefully the jacketed ropes will eliminate the fray/mess.

http://artofstrength.mybigcommerce.com/

WFS
Old 03-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
Tom Taylor

Profile:

1 1/2 inches and 45 to 50 feet is a great place to start. I'd look at Poly ropes with Poly ends like we have here link WFS at the very least. That being said my favorite ropes to use are the jacketed ropes and Art of Strength makes great stuff. Jacketed ropes last longer and are much cleaner than anything else.

Good Luck!

Tom
Old 03-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
Tim Trujillo

Profile:

rope and knot.com has the best prices around. I got 50' of 1 1/2 for $90 shipped to my door. My 10 year old daughter climbes 10' one I bought with now complaints about roughness or splinters.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #6
Ralphie_Martinez

Profile:

Thanks everyone for the responses, Tim, so far knot and rope.com is the best priced, did you buy the manila? Poly is just a little too pricy for me, and it will really only be myself and my wife using them in our garage (smooth concrete surface). for $90 I don't think I could go wrong, and probably would get the best use for the price, thanks again I appreciate everyone's input!
Old 03-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #7
Andrew Bell

Profile:

ebay. 60', 2" thick.

It's a BEAST, seriously.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:20 AM   #8
Jamie Hentig

Profile:

I got mine from art of strength, a little pricey but great quality came with a great video that showed ways of using the ropes I would have never thought of... and the ends are capped in metal so no worries
Old 03-12-2012, 09:20 AM   #9
Ralphie_Martinez

Profile:

Jamie could the metal capping be done diy? Just wondering if u may have an idea as to.how. thanks
Old 03-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #10
Marco Pineda

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphie_Martinez View Post
Thanks everyone for the responses, Tim, so far knot and rope.com is the best priced, did you buy the manila? Poly is just a little too pricy for me, and it will really only be myself and my wife using them in our garage (smooth concrete surface). for $90 I don't think I could go wrong, and probably would get the best use for the price, thanks again I appreciate everyone's input!
+1 for Knot and Rope. I bought 20 feet of the ProManila about three years ago to hang outdoors. I chose the Pro because it would be exposed to the elements. Most of the advice I found in the boards said that for indoor use, natural manila is fine.

A question for folks, how is the end jacket/boot (not sure what its called) done in the versions from the fitness sites? I've read plastic dip, but would think the rope would need to be whipped or taped first. Some of the pics make it look like some kind of heat shrink or elastic sock.

Thanks,