CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 05-25-2010, 07:35 AM   #91
Renee Lee

Profile:
Re: Want to see my abs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara Yates View Post
I'm getting close to a size 2 as well Tamara...my size 4 pants have been a little loose in the waist the past few days!

I looked at your fitday posting and noticed that your carbs were pretty high...I had been worried about mine because I've been getting around 100g/day and wanted to keep it around 80-90. But seeing your fitday posting and my own personal changes, I think I'm doing okay

Good luck at Regionals! Oh and I did Fran Rx for the FIRST TIME today, woohoo! It wasn't fast and it wasn't pretty, but I DID IT! Pullups have eluded me for a couple years...not sure if it's because of my abnormally long arms or what, but I finally got my first one in April and can now string 4-5 together. To be able to do the WOD's Rx'd is a great feeling
you're definitely fine <100g. keep in mind that tamara is absolutely insane and needs to take in upwards of 3000 calories a day to maintain. her carb counts are going to be higher because of that.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:17 AM   #92
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
I'm getting close to a size 2 as well Tamara...my size 4 pants have been a little loose in the waist the past few days!

I looked at your fitday posting and noticed that your carbs were pretty high...I had been worried about mine because I've been getting around 100g/day and wanted to keep it around 80-90. But seeing your fitday posting and my own personal changes, I think I'm doing okay

Good luck at Regionals! Oh and I did Fran Rx for the FIRST TIME today, woohoo! It wasn't fast and it wasn't pretty, but I DID IT! Pullups have eluded me for a couple years...not sure if it's because of my abnormally long arms or what, but I finally got my first one in April and can now string 4-5 together. To be able to do the WOD's Rx'd is a great feeling
My carbs ended up being WAY high yesterday...beans. I never ever eat that many beans. I am almost always 50% fat, 30% protein and 20% carbs. I'm almost always 100g of carbs or more, but not over 200g, haha. But, my mom was in town visiting, and she is a vegetarian. We went to eat at her favorite veggie restaurant, and almost everything there is grains or soy, which I don't eat. I do, however, eat beans. So, I had the bowl of sauteed kale and the bowl of beans, which were pretty much my only options. For a typical day, assume that I ate another 8 oz of chicken, fish or steak instead of the 2 cups of beans. I also had at least another 200 cals from dried fruit and coconut butter.

Thanks! They posted the WODs for Regionals today, so now I can freak. Good job on Fran. I have yet to do an Rx'd Fran because the last time I did Fran was November.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:20 AM   #93
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee Lee View Post
you're definitely fine <100g. keep in mind that tamara is absolutely insane and needs to take in upwards of 3000 calories a day to maintain. her carb counts are going to be higher because of that.
Okay, okay, I am not "absolutely insane."

I'm sure I can maintain on 2300. And, my carbs ended up being totally out of whack yesterday due to having to eat an entirely vegetarian dinner. I'm usually 100-130g of carbs.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:36 AM   #94
Renee Lee

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara Cohen View Post
Okay, okay, I am not "absolutely insane."

I'm sure I can maintain on 2300. And, my carbs ended up being totally out of whack yesterday due to having to eat an entirely vegetarian dinner. I'm usually 100-130g of carbs.
are too! :P
Old 05-26-2010, 06:30 AM   #95
Lawrence "Bo" Boland III

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee Lee View Post
are too! :P
Agreed.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:09 AM   #96
Moses Benny

Profile:

Hi - I also want to trim down a bit. Just for a bit of background. When I started CrossFit in Feb of this year I weighed 152# and about 6% BF. Now I am 172# and about 9-10% BF (I was tested at 167# and was 8% BF). I am happy about my weight gain (muscle/fat). However, my abs are not so happy about the extra weight becuase they much less visable. I am thinking to modify my diet to trim down a bit. I was eating about 2 cups of nuts, some almond butter, and about a quart of milk a day during my weight gain so I am thinking to cut that down (as was suggested in this post earlier). Any other suggestions about how I can keep my weight up and also trim down a bit?

Also, I am thinking to get up around 175# before modifying my diet as I expect to loose a little bit of weight once I change things up. Any suggestions about a good strategy for this?

Thanks!
Old 06-08-2010, 07:21 AM   #97
Sara Schroeder

Profile:

Even though no one cares about my abs ()...I did want to post my results after my 30-day Paleo challenge. I ended up losing almost 7 pounds, 1" off my hips, 1.5" off my waist, and 2% body fat. I consider it a success! My abs still aren't as defined as I'd like, but definitely better than when I started. My next experiment is CFSB, so we'll see what changes come of that.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:45 AM   #98
Alicia Michel

Profile:

Awesome! Do you have before and after pics for us?

P.S. I care about your abs. Go abs!
Old 06-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #99
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Even though no one cares about my abs ()...I did want to post my results after my 30-day Paleo challenge. I ended up losing almost 7 pounds, 1" off my hips, 1.5" off my waist, and 2% body fat. I consider it a success! My abs still aren't as defined as I'd like, but definitely better than when I started. My next experiment is CFSB, so we'll see what changes come of that.

I'm lifting heavy right now. I have a rotator cuff injury, so I'm doing a lot of squatting and sprinting. I'm pretty excited to blow up my squats, since they are my biggest weakness. Abs are good, but a nice @ss is a plus also, haha.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:42 AM   #100
Todd Crawford

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara Cohen View Post

Abs are good, but a nice @ss is a plus also, haha.
Truer word have never been spoken - I have never held on to a girl by her abs!!!